Status
Not open for further replies.

Broku

Reaction score
How do I use my mobile hotspot for my xbox360

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xan

Reaction score
I would imagine gaming over 3g would be painful at best.

the 360 should see the hotspot, when activated, just like any other wifi network.

OP
Broku

Broku

Reaction score
Yea I do that and then it says restart wait 30seconds and start again on the xbox

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

biknut1

Reaction score
How do I use my mobile hotspot for my xbox360

You do know that if you use the 3G Mobile Hotspot app that comes stock on the phone that Verizon will charge you according to MB usage don't you? If you want to use it to tether, try Easy Tether, PDA Lite, or Wireless Tether (for rooted users only).

I tried the 3G thing one time, and the next day I had a big email from Verizon telling me that "if you want to use the 3G Mobile Hotspot you must sign up for service through Verizon and pay $$$$$extra for it." I think it's something like $20/5MB or so. Check into it first.

Asphyx

Reaction score
If you use Tether for an XBox they will nail you on bandwidth as a tetherer even if you use those "UNTRACKABLE" tether options.

Gaming requires a ton of data!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah, unless you're going to pay for it, don't do it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

zBusterCB87

Reaction score
I hat to hijack this thread, but it relates to it so I'll ask here instead of adding another one, plus this might help the OP as well as others and myself...idk...lol :p

How exactly would Verizon know the difference between an external device drawing internet from the phone, Vs the phone doing it itself...?

Either way you paid for that unlimited 3G/4G so why can't the OP use it how he/she sees fit...?

I honestly do not see the difference between the phone drawing it all for itself, or an x-Box drawing it for gaming...

This is like me buying a folding chair and the person who sold it to me is telling me I can NOT put it in my back yard and sit in it, I'm only restricted to my front yard...lol

Actually, Isn't it illegial for a company to sell you something then tell you how you can/cannot use it...?

@OP: I would get these questions answered by a credible source then if you find you can use the X-Box on the phone 'Legally', then take it for all it is worth! :)
Thats what I would do...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I hat to hijack this thread, but it relates to it so I'll ask here instead of adding another one, plus this might help the OP as well as others and myself...idk...lol :p

How exactly would Verizon know the difference between an external device drawing internet from the phone, Vs the phone doing it itself...?

Either way you paid for that unlimited 3G/4G so why can't the OP use it how he/she sees fit...?

I honestly do not see the difference between the phone drawing it all for itself, or an x-Box drawing it for gaming...

This is like me buying a folding chair and the person who sold it to me is telling me I can NOT put it in my back yard and sit in it, I'm only restricted to my front yard...lol

Actually, Isn't it illegial for a company to sell you something then tell you how you can/cannot use it...?

@OP: I would get these questions answered by a credible source then if you find you can use the X-Box on the phone 'Legally', then take it for all it is worth! :)
Thats what I would do...

No it's not illegal, it's in the TOS which you must not have read. If your usage goes way up all of a sudden trust me they'll notice. If you are just using the stock hotspot app without any hacks then yeah they can tell the difference because your phone uses different user id information so they can track what your phone is using and what the devices connected to your phone are using. If you are using a hack then no they probably can't tell. If you're just tethering because you're in a pinch that's more understandable then trying to run your Xbox off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.