Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Gamble55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I don't understand what is causing my problem. I have mobile hotspot set up on the phone and it works great everywhere except when I am in my office at work. I have great LTE reception but for some reason while I am in the office it won't connect.

The only thing I could think might cause it is my employer's wifi. I don't know if that would interfere in some way. I have disconnected from the wifi and "forgot" it on the phone but it hasn't had an effect on it.

It turns on and devices can see it as an option. But when they try to connect nothing happens.

I have done a soft reset and cleared the partition cache but no luck.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
if it is only happening at one location then there is nothing wrong with your setup. most likely interference or mobile signal strength.

OP
G

Gamble55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I'm sure it has to be the location. The hotspot starts working as soon as I get to the parking lot. My phone has great reception inside and shows strong signal on the devices trying to pick up the hotspot. But they just won't connect.

Could the office Wi-Fi block the mobile hotspot somehow? Is my phone trying to port through that Wi-Fi even when turned off?

It really makes no sense to me.