Missing traffic widgets

wintermp

Reaction score
My Razr M shut down last week when it ran out of battery, and when I charged it and turned it back on, the google maps app shortcut was gone along with the traffic widget. I found the google maps app, but the traffic widget is completely gone from my phone and I don't know how to recover it (I searched in the apps-widgets and in the settings-apps). I also got a system upgrade just after the loss of the widget, but I don't know if this has anything to do with the missing widget. Motorola was no help at all. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
You mean the Navigation "blue arrow"? The update for Maps killed it. Look inside Google Maps and you will find it in there.
Bring up Google Maps, then click on the "Maps" in the upper left-hand section. "Navigation" will be listed in the pull down tab.

Last edited:
OP
W

wintermp

Reaction score
No, it was a separate widget called traffic that came on my Razr M. You set a destination, and then when you tapped it, it would give you a green, yellow, or red light depending on traffic conditions for that drive, along with a time for the route. If you tapped it again, it opened up google maps with the traffic turned on.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There has been a very lengthy discussion about the traffic widget on the Motor forum. The traffic widget was removed along with the Navigation app during the recent Maps update. There is a widget called Direction that does similar functions to Traffic. Not exactly the same, but supposed to have some similar stuff.

OP
W

wintermp

Reaction score
direction widget

I tried the direction widget and I'm not thrilled. I liked knowing the basic traffic conditions from that light, but I don't need turn by turn directions all the time. Thanks for the info on the maps update.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tried the direction widget and I'm not thrilled. I liked knowing the basic traffic conditions from that light, but I don't need turn by turn directions all the time. Thanks for the info on the maps update.

I did not really like the new Maps update either, since I always use my Razr M in my car dock. The dock has the default "Nav" app on the main screen and I didn't like how it opened the new style Maps app. Seemed kind of complicated to get turn by turn, in my opinion. So, I uninstalled the Maps app updates which reverts the app back to factory and the Navigation app and Traffic widget both re-appeared on my phone and both seem functional. If you can live with an older version of the Maps app and want the Traffic widget again, uninstall the Maps update and you should be able to use the Traffic widget again.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Might want to try Waze. It has a pretty real time "traffic" info that is user-based. I'm amazed at the number of people that apparently use it. Every time I've used it the slow traffic warnings have been pretty much spot-on.