Misc Storage

comk4ver

Reaction score
I've been trying to do some housekeeping on the G2 and I've noticed that there's a lot space being used in the miscellaneous storage. What is this can I clear this stuff? I've already moved my movies, pictures and cleared up some of the cache.
uploadfromtaptalk1393651625631.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393651646271.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Reaction score
I noticed this too... I haven't investigated it yet (had G2 less than 24 hours), but it survives a factory reset so I assume its carrier bloatware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If it survives a factory reset then that might include the stuff LG keeps stored away on it's own partition. A factory reset only wipes /data (/userdata), /cache, and /storage/emulated/legacy (/sdcard) volumes. Dalvik cache is also wiped but that's in the /data mount to begin with. Everything else stays untouched during a factory reset. For example if you screwed your phone up by pushing a bad apk into /system, then a factory reset won't help ya a damned bit.

There's a mount called /persist-lg that if memory serves me is actually a separate volume. I haven't used a rooted G2 in some time but I remember that from when I did a lot of dev work on it. It's a good chance that this is your miscellaneous storage but that's just a guess. I haven't researched it at all..

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea... I'd have to go with it being your system partition. Like the OS.

My phone has 32 gigs of storage but the system takes at least 8 permanently.

Sent from my DE Moto X