Micro USB Connector to iPad (iPhone) connector

Slothead

Reaction score
I want to use my Droid X (and PDANet?) to USB-tether my iPad, but I have never seen a cable/connector that incorporates the Iphone/Touch/iPad connector to the micro USB connector that mates to the Droid.

First of all, is there an app for the iPad that runs with iPad that runs with PDANet on the Droid X?

Next, has anyone seen such an iPad<->Droid X cable?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can the iPad even handle USB device hosting?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score

Maybe if you jailbreak it, but otherwise, no. In general the iPad will recognize audio devices, USB storage, and keyboards. Bluetooth paring is also limited and would require jailbreaking to enable.

The easiest way to pair your iPad to the Droid X is through wifi. As far as I know there are no free methods that do not require rooting. Essentially, you either have to pay or play. One of the devices has to be fiddled with.

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. I would kind of like to be wrong.

Anyone?

theecigarman

Reaction score
ipad camera connector

iPad Camera Connection Kit

The iPad Camera Connection Kit gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card

this is from the apple site showing a camera plugged in with usb as well as another adapter for the usb card......

Once the ipad gets jail broken...... this might work.

I would also contact June Fabrics for an app that they can do for the ipad.
I am expecting my ipad to arrive this week and am planning on using the tethering that VZW offers to begin with.

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
Well that's disappointing. I am quite sure that someone here told me otherwise. Had I known that, I would have ordered the 3g version.
Oh well, I'll figure something out. I am not going to risk warranty corruption of either device... now maybe my Droid 1...

Maybe if you jailbreak it, but otherwise, no. In general the iPad will recognize audio devices, USB storage, and keyboards. Bluetooth paring is also limited and would require jailbreaking to enable.

The easiest way to pair your iPad to the Droid X is throughy wifi. As far as I know there are no free methods that do not require rooting. Essentially, you either have to pay or play. One of the devices has to be fiddled with.

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. I would kind of like to be wrong.

Anyone?

OP
Slothead

Slothead

Reaction score
Thanks Geoff,
I went to the apple page and watched the photos video and sure enough there was an adapter there that will interface the iPhone/iPad connector to the large end of a USB connector. That's a major success.

iPad Camera Connection Kit

The iPad Camera Connection Kit gives you two ways to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card

this is from the apple site showing a camera plugged in with usb as well as another adapter for the usb card......

Once the ipad gets jail broken...... this might work.

I would also contact June Fabrics for an app that they can do for the ipad.
I am expecting my ipad to arrive this week and am planning on using the tethering that VZW offers to begin with.

sslbaron

Reaction score
iPad and DroidX connected together, nothing good can come of that. lol
Make sure you stand back after you hook them up. lmao

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out.

You might need a small boxing ring to place them in before connection:)