Messaging app bug??

Jamar

Reaction score
Now I might just be crazy lol but when I'm in the messaging app sometimes the "new message" icon actually has the text "new message" next to it but sometimes it doesn't. Why is that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

triplejnj

Reaction score
Noticed the same thing today. Sometimes I'll see the message itself, sometimes I'll see "new message". Also the icon in the notification status bar for a new SMS is sometimes different. Sometimes I'll see the standard smiley SMS. Other times I'll see a different icon, like a chat bubble without the smiley inside. No idea what it means.

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
Noticed the same thing today. Sometimes I'll see the message itself, sometimes I'll see "new message". Also the icon in the notification status bar for a new SMS is sometimes different. Sometimes I'll see the standard smiley SMS. Other times I'll see a different icon, like a chat bubble without the smiley inside. No idea what it means.
Is it a chat bubble that's like half filled in? I realized there's two different notification icons for text messages and media messages. I thought my Nexus was telling me I had a failed message but instead I realized someone was sending me a picture.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. I had a really intense "WTF" moment when I saw it earlier today lol.