marshmallow killing my battery?

panteramatt

Reaction score
My turbo 2 just recently updated to the marshmallow OS. I noticed especially today that the battery is draining FAST! Usually I would get home from work with 40% left and it dies on me today. I didnt notice anything different when it updated except more emogies. The system version on my phone says its 23.31.24 kinzie is that right? How do I know the Doze is working?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's odd, I have System Version 24.14.11. There was a 2 part update. Did you download and install both updates? When you tap battery (if you use the Command Center widget) what are the top users? Some folks have reported higher than normal WiFi battery usage and some have reported higher than normal Bluetooth battery usage. Or, there could be an app running amuck and killing your battery because it's not designed for 6.0?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
P

panteramatt

Reaction score
Display is the highest in the battery.Im not sure if it did the full update as my wifi is iffy at my house. How do I ensure marshmallow is updated?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Settings > System Updates > Check For System Updates. If none available, what is displayed there in Update History?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Screen is usually the highest battery user, that's probably normal. What else is in the top 5 or so in that list of battery usage?

OP
P

panteramatt

Reaction score
Ah ok it says it failed to update to 24.14.11. Must be due to my wifi. How do I redo the update?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There may not be anything you can do. There are posts on the Motorola forum and Verizon's help forum that the update was halted because of problems some users encountered. I can't confirm that is true, but the posts are there for anyone to read. I take all of those rumors with a grain of salt, but there seems to be quite a few people with a failed upgrade. Maybe call Verizon and ask them why the upgrade failed, just to see what they say. I would not jump right into a FDR just yet if that's what they suggest. Is your Android Version 6.0? Just not the current System Version?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So you didn't get either update successfully. That's odd. But in line with what other folks are saying. What else is listed on the battery stats screen? The high battery drain may have nothing to do with the Marshmallow update.

OP
P

panteramatt

Reaction score
I cant tell you now since I just charged my battery and it reset the data

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's cool. I would suggest using it like normal tomorrow and periodically checking to see what is using the most through out the day.