Market prices listed in different currencies

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Mjaydakid, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Mjaydakid

Mjaydakid New Member

The Market has prices listed in Yen, Euros, Dollars etc. How can I find the cost of an item that is listed in a currency different from mine? Is there an option that converts to the home currency? Do I need to get a conversion App? It seem strange to have to buy a calculator app to purchase an app. :icon_eek:
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Try voice search. Say "Convert 5.5 euros to dollars." Answer that appears is 7.49155 dollars.
  3. dtartini

dtartini Member

When you go to checkout it should list it in both the original currency and USD.
  4. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

download a free currency converter app :biggrin:
  5. Mjaydakid

Mjaydakid New Member

I have a currency converter on my I-touch. Using it to convert Droid money feels like heresy.
    It seems like a lot of effort to wait till I get to the check out before I find what the price is. As every app is discretionary spending, that effort is a deal breaker for me. I am sure I am missing a lot of cool stuff, but...
  6. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I'll just repeat the comment above. Forgive me. Just try exploring the standard voice search on your phone. It will do amazing things. For example, the hundreds of "tip calculators" on the Market are (imo) simply silly since all you have to do is tell your phone to do it for you. Likewise currency conversions. And if google doesn't do the calculation for you, it will almost always point you to a website for the answer. (e.g. "Distance from Seattle to Salt Lake City")
  7. Mjaydakid

Mjaydakid New Member

I had no idea that this phone could do that. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I was looking for a calculator (other than the stock) for quick figuring. Thanks again.
    As far as money conversions are concerned, I don't know what the symbols for currency mean to look it up. Some are easy, Y=yen, others I refuse to guess.