Market not working

Reaction score
I've been getting this for the past 24 hours upon opening the market app:

"A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the precious screen."

I've tried rebooting numerous times, removing battery, checking to make sure my credit card is up to date in Google Checkout, and some obscure things where I put in, "[FONT=verdana,geneva]*#*#checkin#*#*," from my phone.

Nothing works. Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks
[/FONT]

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I've seen one other thread with the same issue. I can't find it now but the suggested fix was to go into phone settings>applications>manage applications>menu>filter>all>market>clear data

then do the same for Gmail Storage in the same menu.

Never saw the poster reply if it worked.

OP
M
Reaction score
Damn, I knew I was forgetting to say something. Yup, tried that yesterday. Thanks for replying though.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Well my only other suggestion would be a factory reset or take it to a vzw store (who will most likely try a factory reset).

Maybe other will have a less drastic idea.

mom2kdg

Reaction score
It worked!

I've seen one other thread with the same issue. I can't find it now but the suggested fix was to go into phone settings>applications>manage applications>menu>filter>all>market>clear data

then do the same for Gmail Storage in the same menu.

Never saw the poster reply if it worked.

Thank you so so much I have been looking for a fix for hours and this one worked.

eazymac30

Reaction score
on your phones browser type in http://217.152.37.100/Vending.apk

it will automatically download. soon as its finished go apps/manage apps/all/market and clear data then restart phone....YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE GOING TO MARKET APP. if you dont it will force close. after you you restart it will work fine...all downloaded apps will show in market just as before...good luck