1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Market "My Apps" only showing purchased apps

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by gprichardson1, Jan 4, 2011.

1. gprichardson1

gprichardson1 New Member

Hi all,

I have an original Droid with FRG83D. I just noticed today that when I go into the market then show "My Apps" it only shows the apps I've purchased. It doesn't show any of the free apps I have installed.

If I go into the appbrain app and sync up it shows I've got more than a half dozen free apps that need updating, but the regular Market doesn't show any updates (probably because it's not showing any of my free apps).

I've power cycled my phone; didn't help. I'd rather not do a factory reset if I can help it.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way to get this fixed?

Thanks!

-Gary

PS I don't know if it matters, but I have the new market (have had it for a while)
  2. gprichardson1

gprichardson1 New Member

Well, I figured out a fix. I don't know why it happened to but fix it I went into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, chose the option to show all, opened up "Market" and pressed "Clear Data".

When I went back into the Market -> My Apps I saw all my apps, including free ones (and all the updates waiting to be installed). Weird.

-Gary
  3. tgs3838

tgs3838 New Member

Mine did this last week. But the next day they all came back. Kinda weird.
  4. tropicaffair

tropicaffair New Member

Gary,

Thanks for the fix. Mine (OG) just started this yesterday. My Apps in the market only showed 6 apps (some paid, some free) out of the 50+ I have on my droid. Clearing the data under the market app in the manage applications page worked.
  5. snowboardwcu

snowboardwcu New Member

That's perfect. This has happened to me a few times, and that does the trick.

Not sure if all google apps were brought back (search, youtube, etc) but the majority were. Thanks!
  6. NeaLMaN

NeaLMaN New Member

This has happened to me once. I found a thread that said to download a free app and everything would show up then. Worked for me at the time...