Market "My Apps" only showing purchased apps

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by gprichardson1, Jan 4, 2011.

1. gprichardson1

gprichardson1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have an original Droid with FRG83D. I just noticed today that when I go into the market then show "My Apps" it only shows the apps I've purchased. It doesn't show any of the free apps I have installed.

If I go into the appbrain app and sync up it shows I've got more than a half dozen free apps that need updating, but the regular Market doesn't show any updates (probably because it's not showing any of my free apps).

I've power cycled my phone; didn't help. I'd rather not do a factory reset if I can help it.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way to get this fixed?

Thanks!

-Gary

PS I don't know if it matters, but I have the new market (have had it for a while)

2. gprichardson1

gprichardson1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I figured out a fix. I don't know why it happened to but fix it I went into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, chose the option to show all, opened up "Market" and pressed "Clear Data".

When I went back into the Market -> My Apps I saw all my apps, including free ones (and all the updates waiting to be installed). Weird.

-Gary

3. tgs3838

tgs3838 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Mine did this last week. But the next day they all came back. Kinda weird.

4. tropicaffair

tropicaffair New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gary,

Thanks for the fix. Mine (OG) just started this yesterday. My Apps in the market only showed 6 apps (some paid, some free) out of the 50+ I have on my droid. Clearing the data under the market app in the manage applications page worked.

5. snowboardwcu

snowboardwcu New Member

Ratings:
    +0

That's perfect. This has happened to me a few times, and that does the trick.

Not sure if all google apps were brought back (search, youtube, etc) but the majority were. Thanks!

6. NeaLMaN

NeaLMaN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This has happened to me once. I found a thread that said to download a free app and everything would show up then. Worked for me at the time...