Map Settings

vthokies1996

Reaction score
I just purchased the car dock. I was using the map, not navigation, while driving to work and had a question. Is there a way to set the map so that the map automatically rotates and shows me going straight ahead? I find it easier to have the map pointing in the same sirection I am going. I checked in the settings but didn't see a setting.

Thanks

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
touch the compass icon in the upper left corner and it will switch between following your path straight in front of you or always pointing north.

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
I just ran out to my car and looked at my phone. When I am just viewing the map, there is no compass. The compass is only there when I am in navigation mode. Am I missing something.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thought you were talking about navigation.
Try it in navigation so the setting is right and then switch to maps and see if that does it.

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
I got it to work in navigation mode, but when I went back to the map, it didn't keep the settings.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Others have had the same question/desire. To my recollection, I have not seen a way to get it to do what you want in maps mode as of yet.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No such option. If you really want it, you'll need to find another nav app with that feature.