Macktion at CES Video 8: Snail-W3D, and the OBox

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Snail Games is a company that is deeply invested in games. Its should not surprise us that where they see deficiencies in the mobile gaming market, they have decided to fill that gap. The W3D phone is a fully functional phone with integrated controls. Having held this to my ear, I can say that its not too shabby. The controls are recessed enough to not get in the way. Additionally their OBox Android Gaming console was also on display, and if you would believe it, they have designed it to be MODULAR!

Oh yeah, and someone videobombed

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Anyone know what game that was playing on Obox?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
A Modular gaming system. Very nice. I would keep my GPU up to date so that I can experience the best gaming possible, all the time. What would the eventual bottleneck be? Bus speed? CPU speed?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
At this point in time, I really don't see the market for either of these devices.

Don't get me wrong, the modular console is awesome and I've been considering buying a bluetooth controller for gaming on my note 4, but these guys are banking everything on other manufacturers and developers to jump on the bandwagon and support such a device.

Would be cool to pick up on the box what you started playing on the phone, but then again, I've come to expect more from games that I play on my console than what I expect from games I play on my phone or tablet, so I'm glad they're TRYING to get devs on board, but I think that'll be a hard sell beyond getting a couple of devs to make the time investment that may not pay off.