LTE in Hampton Roads

sundercs

Reaction score
I visited a Verizon Wireless store in Chesapeake, VA on Wednesday (8-10) and inquired about LTE for the Hampton Roads area. I was told by two sales reps that Hampton Roads and Richmond would "unofficially" have LTE service this October. According to one rep, the reason for the delay on 4G service was due to the large geographic area. After reading other posts claiming 4G service in Newport News, I imagine there may be some truth to these statements. I've been waiting since March, what's another couple of months?

budlight4me

Reaction score
I'm from Chesapeake, western branch c/o 89

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wowings

Reaction score
I live in Newport News and teach in Norfolk and have not seen LTE anywhere. The VZW rep. In Newport News would only say that we should have 4G this year. Wouldn't't be nice to get Gingerbread and 4G soon?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

theguy

Reaction score
Woke up last friday to a sweet 4G on my bolt for the first time in Virginia Beach. It stayed on for 4 hrs at about 11mb/2mb. Local Verizon store confirmed the test and said its ready for October. I did not expect it this year but early Xmas is fine.

Jaxpony

Reaction score
4G testing?

I was getting 4G service in Hampton Roads yesterday for about and hour and I have it again this morning...Are they testing or launching early? VZW has no clue when I called...imagine that

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I lived in Va Beach for several years and I have heard it is coming very soon. I have two friends who run VZW stores and they have both been told, tentatively, that November is the turn on date. I do know they have been testing the towers recently. My friend has a Charge and a few weeks ago or so he was getting 4g for an afternoon in Va Beach. Again this is not anything I can say is 100% factual, just relaying what they told me.

theguy

Reaction score
This is the 2nd test in last 4 weeks in va beach. Per Verizon docs I read its still on schedule for production next month. But the test days have been way fun so far. Now I can watch tv in my kayak if I had 3 hands.

wowings

Reaction score
The Daily Press today reports that 4G LTE will be launched on October 20 in Hampton Roads and Richmond (local section, page 7). Nice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums