Low battery and power recycle causes boot failure

smontyjr

Reaction score
Here is what I figured out from a problem happening to me multiple times, and I am going to a Verizon store this week to try to make it a known issue. If you turn your phone off when it has low battery (I haven't defined low battery yet, but in the red) and then try to turn it back on then it will freeze upon boot and the only way to get it working again is to do the factory reset (take battery out, put it back in, and then hold pwr and volume down button) thus formatting your device (Obnoxious). Here is proof: This happened, and I would do a factory reset, then turn the phone off, and I would have to repeat the process, but if I let it charge, then do the factory reset, it would work if I recycled the power. So, I think the problem is related to low battery state. Please test my theory and let me know if anyone else is finding this to be true and if so, let verizon know about this. It is a great phone, but this flaw is huge.

tylerh

Reaction score
that's not a factory reset, it's a soft reset. that doesn't happen for mine, personally.

OP
S

smontyjr

Reaction score
Isnt a soft reset just taking the battery out, which isn't fixing my problem. I have to do the reset where I lose all my data, and it is reset to factory settings.

Also, I could not duplicate my battery theory. So I am not sure what caused my phone to need a reset. Any one have ideas what makes this phone crash?