love the s3 hate typing on it...

jwilly216

Reaction score
LifeIsABeach said:
What is "typing"? Install Swype beta. :biggrin:

I don't know why everyone doesn't use Swype.it's an awesome innovation

pdlfstr

Reaction score
I tried several, including the free trial of swiftkey. Although some features were good I liked the stock better...but for me neither match the efficiency, prediction, and options of Go keyboard. I love it!

TatDroid

Reaction score
LifeIsABeach said:
What is "typing"? Install Swype beta. :biggrin:

Yeah, my daughter got an S3 and wasn't wild about the keyboard, but is liking Swype. (isn't it preinstalled on the S3?)

Personally, I'm a SwiftKey kinda guy.

Bishang

Reaction score
Yeah, my daughter got an S3 and wasn't wild about the keyboard, but is liking Swype. (isn't it preinstalled on the S3?)

Personally, I'm a SwiftKey kinda guy.

There is a type of "Swype like" keyboard that is native on the S3, but the keyboard people are referring to, is the actual Swype keyboard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Both Swype and Swiftkey are amazing. If you want proven reliability with great predictability, go with Swiftkey. If you want something different that requires less effort, go Swype. Completely different styles, seems unfair to compare them IMO.

music life

Reaction score
swype is ok. But I find myself typing a lot of words anyways. Sometimes it thinks im trying to swype crazy things that dont even really make sense.

gaborn73

Reaction score
TouchPad is free and works well. I like the added functionality. The swype funtion is much better than Samsungs version.

kyle10

Reaction score
Perfect keyboard is nice. I like the customizing you can do with it.

Sent from my rooted galaxy s3

charlienyc

Reaction score
TatDroid said:
...but is liking Swype. (isn't it preinstalled on the S3?)

negative. besides the terrible antenna and miserable battery life (both deal breakers), not having Swype available natively came in at problem number 3. apparently Samsung doesn't include it on their devices.

personally i might have tried Swiftkey or Go keyboard, but multiple dropped calls and early-Android-phone battery life were the major factors in trading up for a Droid RAZR Maxx after 3 long days. too bad, the screen and camera are killer on the S3.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Custom RAZR roms tend to have Swype beta. Native is a much better experience. I rarely need to type anything with native. And the arrow keys for editing make it a breeze. Until i can get a slider with a large display, I'll stick with Swype over flex t9, Swiftkey, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

snitski51

Reaction score
Try out the GO keyboard. Personally I like it better than the swift keyboard and it's FREE!!