Lost gmail user account

birdog63

Reaction score
I recently had to reset my Droid X2 back to default settings and now when I try to reinstall my apps from the Market i am asked to sign into my gmail account or create a new one. I don't use gmail at all and so I have forgotten what my username is for the account. I have gone to the google website and tried to retrieve the information using their system but so far that has not worked. Is the a file stored on the Droid with that information and if so how can i access it. If that does not work then if I set up a second gmail account will I be able to reinstall the apps I previously had particularly the ones that I paid for.
Thanks for the help.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think you account info would be to accessible in a file... For security reasons...
You can create another google account then email google tell them what's going and get your paid apps that way

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you use an alternate email account, from your computer you can go to the gmail website and in the log in area you can click on forgot username then they will email that info to your alternate email account. If you don't have one, you might have to start over but you will no longer have any contacts saved since they are tied to your Gmail account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk