Lose contacts?

Snare

Reaction score
When a rom is flashed to a phone, are the contacts lost. Is it like when you first get a phone where you have no apps and have to go to verizon to get your contacts back?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Masamichi7

Reaction score
As long as you sync your contacts with Google, they will come back. It just takes a little time, and a reboot, and they will be back.

OP
S

Snare

Reaction score
Sorry but how do I sync my contacts with google?

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Sorry for my lack of detail, haha. Try going into Settings, Accounts, click on your Google account, and it should show boxes next to Contacts, Email and such. Check the box next to contacts and it should start to sync. And while there, you can press the 'menu' soft key and press Sync Now to force it to sync. Hope that helps.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
This way you don't have to worry about the Backup Assistant, Google will have you covered. You can use it to sync all your calendar appointments too.

OP
S

Snare

Reaction score
Thanks alot. So will it automatically bring my contacts back or do I have to prompt it to.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Oh you're welcome. Usually on first boot with a rom, it tries to download apps over the Market first (unless you turn off service and choose to use Titanium Backup), and on second boot for me it does all the system stuff and Google syncing.