Looking into a droid

acromedian

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a droid. I need a new smartphone, as my blackberry pearl has been nothing but trouble since I purchased it 2 years ago.

But, it has been very difficult to get straight answers from the sales people at verizon. They either did not have the answers, or could not explain them in a way that made sense.

I have looked at them in the stores and so far have not been as impressed as I was hoping to be. The touchscreen has not been as responsive as I thought it would be, and am hoping that might be due to the usage in the strore.

The biggest issues so far are 2 things. The first is when I asked the sales person at verizon to give me the website for finding the 10,000 apps that are supposed to be in circulation, they could not point me to one. They said you have to have a droid to view them. If this is true, than that is ridiculous. How long would they expect me to sit in the store seaching apps, simply to see if I would be interested in purchasing a droid.

Is this true? I have only found a few sites with apps. I was thinking there would be some all in one site that would have the 10,000 apps that are supposed to be out there. Am I going to have to search all the different developers one by one?

My wife wanted an iphone because the language settings can be done in total Japanese language. The droid only has English and spanish. I have been trying to find an app that would let her set up the phone in Japanese.

If anyone knows of such an app, please let me know. [email protected]

With verizon being the strongest cell provider, I need that service, but have not been put in the right direction for what I need.

The second part is I have not been able to figure out how compatible this phone will be on a Mac. Is anyone out there syncing to a Mac. I got the impression there is no cable involved. If someone could let me know how you sync with a droid, I would appreciate that as well.

Cheers
Acromedian

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc...
Here's the Market apps that you can browse on your PC. You don't have to be on the device.

Your second question... there's file explorer apps and others that allows cut/copy/paste via wi-fi to your pc... I know there's MAC users in here that have the Droid. I don't have a Mac so I'm not too versed in the compatibility

Edit: the floor models have been reported as 'shotty' compared to brand new devices

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum. As for the touchscreen display, i've never had a problem, there are a few users here that have stated their touchscreen has been less then responsive, but not many. The website you might be talking about would be, androlib.com it has all the apps, but not all the apps are compatible with 2.0, but give it time there will be many many more apps on the way.

I do not know of any app that turns it all into japanese. Though there are many users out there asking for it, so you will hopefully see it in an update.