Looking for password vault recommendation

Ray_L

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to Droid (Motorola). Looking for a password management app that will run on the Droid and my Windows PC. Are there any out there that can synch between both worlds? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray

astronaut

Reaction score
I use Keepass. I can't synch between PC and Droid (except by manually copying the database file) but other than that it is great. I use Drop.io to keep it synched between all my PCs and I understand they are writing an Android app so this should work soon for the phone too.

OP
R

Ray_L

Reaction score
I'm using KeyPass on the PC. Would be nice to be able to extend it the Droid without the need to copy the database. Wait and see.
Thanks for the reply!

jimnutt

Reaction score
KeePass, Dropbox (on the PC, soon on Android) and Droidbox (on the phone, until Dropbox for Android comes out). It's a minor pain, because KeePass on Android only supports the KeePass 1.x database, but it's not too much of a problem. The author is working on 2.x support, the problem is in the way the encryption is done.

SandiaDude

Reaction score
KeePass 2.10 on PCs
KeePassDroid on Motorola Droid (Supports .kdbx format now)
DropBox on all devices

Works a charm!

I also use Lookout on the Droid in case I ever need to do an emergency wipe. My KeePass file has everything in it.

OP
R

Ray_L

Reaction score
SandiaDude, that combination is a winner. I have other encrypted files that I carry around as well. DropBox ties it all together.

Dave12308, I'll have a look Google Secrets too. Can't hurt to learn something new!

Thanks,
Ray

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I haven't gotten around to trying it on the Droid yet, but I'm a huge fan of LastPass.

OP
R

Ray_L

Reaction score
No excuse not try it too - it has an import from KeePass!