Locked bookmark = dead link?

stm

Reaction score
In the stock browser of my RAZR MAXX is a bookmark that is locked and unable to be deleted:

https://www.vzw.com/sspostmw/forms/myacc.jsp

But when I select this bookmark, I get a message indicating that the "Page is Unavailable." Does Verizon / Motorola do this kind of thing often?

monkey_man

Reaction score
Yeah you are right about few bookmarks that are locked by vzw such as facebook, myspace, vzw.com etc. Here is what I did to fix this issue:

1. Install third party browser (xscope) and export all bookmarks from stock to xscope.
2. I deleted all the nonsense sites (even the locked up ones) and added my own fave sites.
3. After I add all of my favorites, I backed it up.
4.After all that, I export xscope bookmarks to stock browser. Voila! Junks are gone!

OP
stm

stm

Reaction score
No luck. Wonder if you need to be rooted to do this.

I tried Xscope and Opera, but I couldn't delete the locked bookmarks.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Yeah and then after you done exporting, you can edit it's bookmark with new name and new site to go to dancedroid I don't know if maybe there's bug or what not.... try to clean those junks using list view instead of thumbnail view.
.View attachment 47904

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
No luck. Wonder if you need to be rooted to do this.

I tried Xscope and Opera, but I couldn't delete the locked bookmarks.

Hmm interesting stm sorry to hear that. My phone is indeed rooted, but my brother's phone still basic. I'll try it later on his phone and see if this method works :blink:

OP
stm

stm

Reaction score
Well, I may have found a fix. I downloaded Bookmark Sort & Backup from the market and I was able to delete the locked bookmarks, and alphabetize my bookmarks. Make sure you backup your bookmarks after you delete/edit/sort them.

Hope this helps!

stm