Locale replacement

jbsangel

Reaction score
So I've been trying to solve this since I posted.

I was using power manager to toggle brightness for different conditions and timeriffic for time based switching. I just started getting annoyed with power manager since there are so many things it can't do because it isn't updated for versions of Android beyond like 1.5.

Quick Profiles isn't automatic switching like Locale or any of the time based switchers. Sound manager sounds like Timerrific but is something to check out. Toggle Settings is one that does things automatically, and something for some of you to check out, but for me it is way too bloated.

The latest thing I'm trying out is "Setting Profiles" which has a lot of the functionality as Locale, but without the GPS features. It does location based switching, just using WiFi and Lat/Lon. I haven't tried out the location based switching since I don't really need it, so I can't say how well it works. But it does do timebased switching, location switching, offers rules you can create to autoactivate certain profiles, and can toggle GPS and autosync, which are both things a lot of the other programs can't toggle.

The only thing I'm not liking so far is it doesn't seem to have some kind of priority queue for when two profiles are activated at the same time. It also doesn't have a way to leave a setting unchanged when a profile is entered. It doesn't have a vibrate check option for notifications, so the only way to keep the phone from vibrating at night is to have it put the phone in silent mode. With Timeriffic, I can kill vibration without having to kill all sounds, specifically the ringer.

It just seems there still is no perfect solution, but I'm getting closer. I'll likely keep this app, and at worse only use it for triggering profiles for low battery, charging, and docking and still use Timerrific for my time based switching. If I can get all the situations I want with just this app then I may stop using Timerrific.

Jer

Reaction score
Well I have Switched on to Another app called Smart Volume Control
It's very demanding app and Offers lot of features like Locale.
Also it works Flawlessly on my Droid Razr.
It got free and Paid versions
So we can try the free version and then we can try the Paid version
Here are the Play Store Links

Free Version :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControl
Paid Version :- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControlPlus

Thanks for bumping a three year old thread to remind me to unsubscribe from it.