Locale-like apps

Boucaner

Reaction score
Now that the Locale beta has ended, and $9.99 is way too much to spend, does anyone know of a good comparable app? The location awareness is the main thing I'm looking for in a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

bennyj

Reaction score
Give setting profiles a look, I have both locale and setting profiles and prefer the latter. Just search it in the market.

OP
B

Boucaner

Reaction score
bennyj, I'll give it a try. looks like it will do it

rage: mine seemed to have stopped, and at the least it wouldn't open again, just showing the "the beta has ended" screen, then closing

bennyj

Reaction score
setting profiles will give you all the functions of locale without having to buy all the plugins. And it has the calender feature so many like built right in.

OP
B

Boucaner

Reaction score
Just doing an initial setup, it does all that I require. Now to just find a location aware to-do list app!

jbsangel

Reaction score
just keep in mind settings profile doesn't use gps which may or may not be a good thing. its fine for me.

OP
B

Boucaner

Reaction score
the pay version does, but that's not an issue so far

thanks!

papy72

Reaction score
the pay version does, but that's not an issue so far

thanks!

The developer has maintained that they do not use GPS for location determination, whether in the pay version or not.
I have the full pay version and can confirm this. SP does not use GPS. It uses cell towers triangulation and/or detected WIFI networks.

Either that, or I am currently sitting in the middle of a field about a half mile from my work :icon_ devil: