Loading rom - newbie

redelephants

Reaction score
When I load this rom will I need to redownload all my apps?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jchammer123

Reaction score
Just download titanium backup from the market. Backup your apps. Flash the rom. When the rom is installed, download TB again (if its not included in the rom already). Restore all your apps. There's a tutorial on how to use TB on youtube, its very simple!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
When I load this rom will I need to redownload all my apps?

Google backs up your apps so they should download automatically when you flash the rom.....you only need titanium backup if you want to restore data

OP
R

redelephants

Reaction score
What method do you recommend for the flashing?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Steady should answer that since I don't have a droid X. But, I always recommend Rom Manager. Different roms are easily accessible through RM. It's very easy to back up current roms and install new ones. Plus you can use clockworkmod or SPRecovery, whatever you prefer.

OP
R

redelephants

Reaction score
Okay. I guess I should backup my stock setup in case things go crazy or if I need warranty?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Always make a backup! I learned that the hard way. If you make a backup, its so easy to get yourself out of trouble if something goes wrong!!!

beckerfj

Reaction score
What method do you recommend for the flashing?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...an-one-giant-leap-liberty-1-5-2-2-2011-a.html

The above link is the sticky for Liberty Rom. This has all the information you should need. If you follow these procedures, you shouldn't have any problem.

I guess technically the one thing it doesn't clarify is how to root (it just says you have to be rooted). If you already aren't, I suggest Z4Root, it's free, quick, and painless.

As you can see, the sticky says to use Droid X Bootstrapper ($1.99 from the Market) and I can assure you it works great! With that, I can't say I've used any other method for comparison.

With the Droid X Bootstrapper, you make the backup. You can have as many backups as you want and it's quick and again, painless so there should not be any reason for you not to make a backup.

If, for whatever reason you do encounter a problem, this forum is awesome for help as I've experienced the help first hand.

OP
R

redelephants

Reaction score
I got the liberty rom loaded and loving it. Just goes to show how crappy stock is.