Loading Apps from older Droids?

fastpat

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 running Android 2.2.3, I'd like to hear from those that are loading their apps from their Droid 1s, 2s, and 3s onto their new Droid 4. I won't have mine until Monday, so experiences for the next two and a half days would be appreciated. :blink:

fingaz

Reaction score
Well, I know that I have all my apps backed up onto my SD card... so all i will have to do is just pop it in and install them all from there.. and then update all of them. I can't imagine that it would be a problem. and just maybe ill actually be able to play some games with out them force closing/lagging/freezing up/running choppy......

Im headed out in 15 minuutes (half day of work) to go and pick mine up. I'll let you know how it goes.

fingaz

Reaction score
So... its pretty cool. When i got the phone, i signed in. When i first went into the market, all of my apps downloaded automatically. And it was pretty quick,too.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I did a back up to Astro in Dec and forgot to do that before switching phones so i had some on there that i could reinstall. Droid4 has an app My Files and they were there to reinstall. Very easy and very quickly.

snowman

Reaction score
enable the wi-fi menu -settings -wireless and networks wi-fi on just for faster downloads

go to market
tap my apps and they will all install automatically
thats about it

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
Not all of my apps where there. Some I can't even find in the market...

Metal_Mavrik

Reaction score
All of my previous apps auto downloaded, paid or free. Also the paid apps that I left uninstalled remained uninstalled. I didn't even think about backing them up.

fingaz

Reaction score
yeah... as soon as you go to the Market. the 4g is really quick and your apps are installed within a few minutes. pretty sweet! Ones that I did not install through the Market were not included.. but I just installed backed up apps from Astro File Manager.

droidbound

Reaction score
So far I have trouble only with two game apps: Solitaire and Jewellust, that don't scale well to the larger screen of the Droid 4. It's time for some new games anyway...

sglfx

Reaction score
Still a newbie on the tech stuff but Verizon put my SD card in from my droid 1 into the droid 4. Not sure they set it up right and on the computer It looks like they split it in two ? Anyway still on the computer at the android market I saw a tab for My Apps clicked on it and everything I ever downloaded was there. I could click on Install select the droid 4 and it downloaded to my phone (which was not connected to the computer) Unless they took something off the market all your old apps should be there.

MauiMan06

Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone know if the News and Weather app, that was used on Droid 1, available from market? I think it was Genie Google News and Weather but not sure. Went to market to search but spent too much time looking. Recently upgraded to Droid 4, all apps transferred over but I liked that News and Weather app. Also, I downloaded everything from Droid 1 to pc prior to switching over, so if anyone knows where/what file it might be under would be helpful as well.
Thanks to all.....

MauiMan06

Reaction score
Thanks sglfx for the info. However, my library didn't list teh Genie Google News and Weather app. I think it was because it could've been pre-installed app.