Liking Lollipop?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I noticed before the update my x would charge 1% per minute up to 90% when the phone was off. Then it would trickle charge the rest of the way. It was pretty close to that when it was on but not in use too. I haven't checked it since the update. I usually turn my phone off and let it charge overnight.

And I agree it doesn't seem to last that much longer. Maybe a little, very little.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I finally broke down last night and did an FDR on my X. It's just been acting odd lately...a few random reboots, text messages taking exceptionally long to send, Bluetooth not consistently connecting to devices, and so on. Just little annoyances here and there that are just enough to bug me. I figure a fresh wipe of the OS and reinstalling everything might help.

We'll see I guess...

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
While things have seemingly smoothed out for the most part thus far in my limited timeframe of use since the FDR, it doesn't look like the battery life has changed. I'm just going to chalk that up to the natural degradation of battery life I guess...I've had the phone for over a year and a half now and we all know batteries don't exactly last forever.

Though, I may need to fully calibrate it a few times...suck it completely dry and recharge it. Wonder if that might help.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm started to get frustrated with the battery life now. I think it's mostly environment related, but even if that's the case, it wasn't this bad before. For the past week or so, during the workday, I take my Moto X off the charger around 6 am. I get to work around 7 and once I get in the office, the phone starts burning up. I do put it on the corporate wifi because I'm basically locked in a room in the middle of the building, away from windows, so I've only got 2 bars of voice reception throughout the day. It'll get 4G if I turn wifi off. I have the GPS set to Battery Saving.

So with all that said, by 8 am, my phone is down to 80% battery and says only 6 hours remain. That's ridiculous. By 10 am, it's down around 60% remaining. And I'm not even using the device during this time.

I've done an FDR, I've done the battery recalibration, I've rebooted the phone, nothing is working. Something is really killing this battery now and it's progressively gotten worse. I've looked at the running apps and there's nothing unusual there. Cell Standby, Android System, and Android OS are the top 3 but even those are in the "normal use" range.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Try GSam battery monitor. Download it and see what's draining your battery.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Try GSam battery monitor. Download it and see what's draining your battery.

I may give that a shot...though I'm thinking it's the corporate WiFi. I shut WiFi off this afternoon at work and just let it connect to 4G, and it was consuming battery power at a much slower rate.

There are WAPs all over the place in the building and I saw something about higher power consumption when subject to numerous broadcasts. I think this could be the case but it doesn't completely explain why this is happening just now.

tbolted

Reaction score
My battery life seems to be back to pre-upgrade status. Right after the upgrade the email app was killing the battery, but that seems to be resolved. I've had a couple of "blind" revs, which really piss me off, but hopefully they were meant to fix issues. No warning, my phone just becomes unresponsive and then reboots itself. When it comes up it says it's updating app x of xx.

Right now I'm at 14 hours on battery with 55% left. Still have an occasional problem with bluetooth blocking wifi. Not sure why or what causes it, but if my wifi won't connect I just turn off bluetooth and then it works. Usually I can turn bt back on right away, but I've noticed that sometimes wifi performance suffers a lot if bt is on. Guess it's just a phone issue, and if it's not common then it's just my phone. I've thought about picking up a new one on ebay, as I really don't like the size of the X2 all that much. My X is perfect for me.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Right now I'm at 14 hours on battery with 55% left. Still have an occasional problem with bluetooth blocking wifi. Not sure why or what causes it, but if my wifi won't connect I just turn off bluetooth and then it works. Usually I can turn bt back on right away, but I've noticed that sometimes wifi performance suffers a lot if bt is on. Guess it's just a phone issue, and if it's not common then it's just my phone. I've thought about picking up a new one on ebay, as I really don't like the size of the X2 all that much. My X is perfect for me.

It's probably not a bad idea to keep Bluetooth off anyway if it's not connected to anything...otherwise it's constantly pinging out, searching for a connection, and putting a hit on the battery. I only fire up BT when it's going to connect to something (my car radios usually)...otherwise it's off.

I've been getting the "Optimizing apps" message as well whenever I reboot. I thought the FDR fixed it but the last couple times the phone needed a reboot, it's done that. Also irritating because it takes a good 10 minutes to run through that process alone.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've been getting the "Optimizing apps" message as well whenever I reboot. I thought the FDR fixed it but the last couple times the phone needed a reboot, it's done that. Also irritating because it takes a good 10 minutes to run through that process alone.
Unfortunately that's a known bug. I don't think there is a fix yet. There are a few bugs that came with this update, thankfully I only have the "hangouts has stopped" message bug. If I enabled hangouts that would stop but I don't feel like it just yet.

tbolted

Reaction score
I've rebooted multiple times without it updating apps. When the update has happened has been when the phone rebooted itself, which is what makes me think it's Verizon pushing out blind updates. It's only happened twice that I'm aware of, but I've only been aware of it because I was trying to use my phone and had to wait for the "updating app x of xx" to finish.

I leave BT on most of the time because when my phone rings or I get a msg my headset beeps in my ear. Have to have hands free here, and can't take time to get bt turned on in order to take a call.