LG G3 for Verizon is Available July 17th!!!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Those 2 items are not in competition with each other. The Note is a whole different subject and targets a different audience. Sammy sold 50 million + GS4's and 12 Million Note 3's.. I have no interest in the Note at all. Way to big for me.

Murphy5150

Reaction score
Those 2 items are not in competition with each other. The Note is a whole different subject and targets a different audience. Sammy sold 50 million + GS4's and 12 Million Note 3's.. I have no interest in the Note at all. Way to big for me.

Really? The G3 is only a couple tenths of an inch smaller. I've been incredibly unhappy with Samsung reception. I want to stay with Verizon but if AT&T will offer the 3/32 and Verizon won't, I'll be backed into a corner and will go to AT&T.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Really? The G3 is only a couple tenths of an inch smaller. I've been incredibly unhappy with Samsung reception. I want to stay with Verizon but if AT&T will offer the 3/32 and Verizon won't, I'll be backed into a corner and will go to AT&T.

Not quite. The Note is taller[10mm] and wider[7mm]. Wider making it more difficult for the average user.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a feeling that vzw will offer both variants of this device..

budven

Reaction score
Oh ya, and my M8 only has 2GB of RAM and runs just fine, so 2's plenty. Now, would I rather have 3 and will I pay for 3? You betcha. Is that going to stop me from buying it? No way.

The 16GB on board memory is plenty for me with my 64GB SD Card. I don't even use an 1/8 of my 32GB that I have now, so I should be fine there as well, if VZW sticks me with 16. Same as above, I'll pay the extra if VZW offers it. I might even be willing to wait a day or two for a 3GB RAM/32GB HD, maybe. Might. Can I wait until August? Probably not. I'd probably just grab the 2/16 if that's the case, but we'll see. Come on VZW! Gimme my phone!!!!!!!!!

Why are you giving up the M8 for the Lg g3? I almost jumped on the m8 but decided to wait.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Why are you giving up the M8 for the Lg g3? I almost jumped on the m8 but decided to wait.
I am. Pretty sure I've said this everywhere, yes, Yes, YES! I'm giving up the M8 for the G3 on launch morning.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I'll definitely be getting this phone. Going from a Droid Maxx that has served me well. Just wish Motorola would hurry and come out with something. But I'm liking the g3 very much.

Murphy5150

Reaction score
I'll definitely be getting this phone. Going from a Droid Maxx that has served me well. Just wish Motorola would hurry and come out with something. But I'm liking the g3 very much.

I agree. Although the X8 platform has served Motorola nicely, I feel that it is due time for Motorola to enter the world of 3GB RAM and faster chip sets. Their reception is second to none. If they could combine the awesome reception with a spec junkies likes, I'd be looking into buying a Motorola and not a G3.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I agree. Although the X8 platform has served Motorola nicely, I feel that it is due time for Motorola to enter the world of 3GB RAM and faster chip sets. Their reception is second to none. If they could combine the awesome reception with a spec junkies likes, I'd be looking into buying a Motorola and not a G3.

It will happen in time I think. In the last two years Motorola has changed hands twice now. And they have still released three great phones (Moto X, Moto G, Moto E). All of them are competitively priced and there is something to be said about that. I am sure they will step their game up. I am wondering if they will do the same thing as X8 with a newer chip. I hope so because I love my Moto X, I just wish it had a little more horsepower.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We are all rooting for Moto..they need that bigger screen ...I've played with that X..just too small for me ...let's see if this X+1 bumps up across the board

M8 tap'd

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm sure they will have a 5.2 or 5.5. They know what the market is demanding.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Motorola also has a history of catering to business folks that may find a phone with a 5.5" screen a bit cumbersome. The Atrix 4G was explicitly marketed for business professionals and was one of the first phones to support 802.11a for large corporate office environments.

The Moto X feels natural in my hands, something my GS II Skyrocket, GS3 and Nexua 5 all lack. The Galaxy Nexus was the second best feeling phone IMO.