LG Confirms V30 OLED Minimal Bezel Display

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why wouldn't you want a higher res display? Battery?
Yes and the only reason to have 4k display on the phone is for vr. I have Google cardboard. Tried many phones with it, it's neat but for very limited niche market. 99.9% don't care about it.
I'd rather have battery that lasts longer then have feature that I will never use but will drain my battery twice as fast.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes and the only reason to have 4k display on the phone is for vr. I have Google cardboard. Tried many phones with it, it's neat but for very limited niche market. 99.9% don't care about it.
I'd rather have battery that lasts longer then have feature that I will never use but will drain my battery twice as fast.
Yes that's the problem with Google cardboard and phone vr... It's just not as good as true vr on a pc...

Maybe someday, but not today sadly.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
@me just sayin Folks that use the Note line don't just want another phone, they want a mini tablet/phone with stylus functionality. The GS8+ would be similar to the Note as well, yet Samsung still wants to sell it.

I tend to agree with this. I got the note because I needed a bigger screen. Me eyes ain't what they used to be. I also wanted something I could take notes with. I have tried a stylus and google handwriting on other phones and tablets and nothing beats the note, not even the zenpad I have now. I wish samsung did not eliminate the note tablet line.

as far as the GS8+, the note 8 is almost the same phone - based on rumors. just a couple of differences that would not make worth the cost of upgrading.

boidsonly

Reaction score
I'd replace my G5 with this, assuming they don't have the same MoBo issues....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Agree, even though Google had been trying to push daydream I have to feel like daydream will fall way to AR.

We keep trying VR and though we are getting better the problem lies with the fact that the best VR systems are too expensive for the avg consumer to buy (or want to buy) and the cheaper versions are cool for show but quickly gets shelved. I have not used my VR headset in 5 months. I say I'm going to pick it up again but eh.

As far as 1080 v 2K/4K I do think the higher resolutions look better but that is only when comparing one to the other. As far as everyday use it does not matter on such a small screen. Still I am like most where I am spec hungry at times just to be spec hungry. Yeah 1080P offers better battery life but I rather have the crazy 8K display phone and complain why my battery only lasts 9.5 hours.

I say that jokingly but in a way when you look at how fast we advance in tech we could say that is the mindset of a lot of consumers. The challenge for manufacturers is to produce that at a price that consumers can afford while trying to find a way to best it the following year. I remember the question asked "how could they improve" a few years ago only to see ideas come out not imagined or thought impossible for a smartphone.