Leaked 2.2 to Latest OTA Froyo

scf

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm running the leaked 2.2 froyo from a lil while back. Been out of the loop for a bit due to some real life stuff. Just busy busy...

I'm wanting to go from the leaked version to the 2.3.15 version, and have downloaded Koush's boostrap. Do I need to go to 2.3.13 before going to 2.3.15?

I've searched and searched...Probably just reading past the obvious.

My thinking is that I can use the bootstrap to go right to 2.3.15, much the same as update.zip. thoughts? help?

Also...if I follow these procedures:
) Restart phone via Koush bootstrap into Recovery Mode
2) Wipe Data
3) Wipe Cache
4) Select Mounts and Storage
5) Select Format System (ONLY DO THIS IF IT FAILS TO INSTALL THE FIRST TIME)
6) Select Mount System
7) Back out by pressing Power button
8) Select Install zip from sdcard
9) Select choose zip from sdcard
10) find and select this zip file
11) First Boot may take up to 5 minutes

Do I first need to rename my bloatware back to apk's?

Last edited:
OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
So.....

I did this, went straight from the leaked 2.2 from a while ago, straight to 2.3.15 deodexed, without first reinstalling the bloatware...

Now gonna have to spend some time setting my stuff back up, as well as getting root back. What fun what fun!

Jaeger

Reaction score
I recently recovered from bricking my X and just realized that I have version 2.3.13 and not .15 that I had prior to my bricking incident.

Do you know what the difference is? The only thing I have noticed is that there are some apps that are "missing" from the market. I recovered them through Titanium and some of them are now appearing in my downloads file, some are not.
At present that's the only difference I have seen. The phone is running very well so i don't know if it's worthwhile to try to reinstall .15

Last question, where did you find the .15 file to load into RSD?

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
I recently recovered from bricking my X and just realized that I have version 2.3.13 and not .15 that I had prior to my bricking incident.

Do you know what the difference is? The only thing I have noticed is that there are some apps that are "missing" from the market. I recovered them through Titanium and some of them are now appearing in my downloads file, some are not.
At present that's the only difference I have seen. The phone is running very well so i don't know if it's worthwhile to try to reinstall .15

Last question, where did you find the .15 file to load into RSD?

Honestly I'll look it up in the morning, did all of that on a co-workers laptop at work. I'll find the links and repost. From what I remember there wasn't much of a difference at all.

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
Didn't use RSD. Used Koush's Boostrap and installed as a zip.