LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Moze1021

Reaction score
Hey everyone...new to the droid..new to the forum...

Quick question...if I download and install LauncherPro..can it be completely uninstalled if I don't like it?

Thanks

MJ5150

Reaction score
The latest update rocks. I had asked about having the icon "glow" when you tap it instead of the big block of color behind it, and look....there it is now. Thank you for adding that request.

Good bye to the stock Launcher2....hello LauncherPro!

-Mike

madaopul

Reaction score
found my first personal glitch with LauncherPro this morning. I was trying to type into my google search widget and all of a sudden it went behind my calander and froze (on same screen). Everything else worked but the google search widget. I switched over to stock and the google widget was working. I switched back over to LP and it was frozen. I turned the phone off and restarted it, having the same problem. I ended up removing the widget. Just thought I'd let you know.

So what you are saying is that the Google search widget physically moved itself and relocated to a spot behind your calender widget?

p1ngputts

Reaction score
found my first personal glitch with LauncherPro this morning. I was trying to type into my google search widget and all of a sudden it went behind my calander and froze (on same screen). Everything else worked but the google search widget. I switched over to stock and the google widget was working. I switched back over to LP and it was frozen. I turned the phone off and restarted it, having the same problem. I ended up removing the widget. Just thought I'd let you know.

So what you are saying is that the Google search widget physically moved itself and relocated to a spot behind your calender widget?

yes. it actually moved in on top of the calender, but when I would click on the search widget, the calander opened as if the google widget wasnt there. It only happened to me when I was using LP. I went back and forth between stock and it only happened with LP. I even turned the phone off and on a few times.

pyro6128

Reaction score
the magnifying glass on the droid does the same thing as the google search widget. Seems like a waste o have a a dedicated button, and a widget. You should free up the screen space

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes. it actually moved in on top of the calender, but when I would click on the search widget, the calander opened as if the google widget wasnt there. It only happened to me when I was using LP. I went back and forth between stock and it only happened with LP. I even turned the phone off and on a few times.
remove both widgets and re add them in the correct locations?
the magnifying glass on the droid does the same thing as the google search widget. Seems like a waste o have a a dedicated button, and a widget. You should free up the screen space
Yeah I could never see keeping the search widget on the screen, but to each their own. Some have a camera icon on their screen when we have a dedicated camera button. lol

p1ngputts

Reaction score
remove both widgets and re add them in the correct locations?

already tried it. only messes up with LP...

ended up just getting rid of the Google search widget. no more problems. Just thought Fede should know.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I am not about to read 93 pages of this thread.. but... does anyone have a problem with this Launcher occasionally FC'ing when you touch the screen. Either an app, folder, or long press the screen (like when you are adding a widget?).

I have a 2.1 Droid. I admittedly have around 100 apps and low memory. So who knows? It just seems like it is doing this even moreso.

OP
gardobus

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow 100 apps. Maybe you should look into rooting and using apps2sd or something lol

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Well I have uninstalled some, but I am down to 83 according to app brain.

I am waiting for Froyo so I can just move them to the SD.

Any thoughts if this affects Launcher? Love this home replacement! it is AWESOME. Just hate the FC's that they all have given me.

Anomander

Reaction score
Loved this program on 2.1 it was rock solid. I have Froyo now and it has some issues now and then. I'll have to look at the settings to see what I can tweak. Love how we can have locked Icons.

dandroidrome

Reaction score
Fede,
First off I want to say that I am a very loyal LauncherPro fan. I have tried them all (AWD, GDE, Launcher2, Home++, CrazyHome, etc.etc.) and LP is by far the best. I have been using it since it was first released and am very impressed with your responce to all of us. DUDE, YOU ROCK!!!!!

Now, I am having an issue with FC whenever I put my MotoDroid into the dock, I have one at home and at work. When it switches to the "screen saver" mode I get the FC. Haven't seen anyone else mention this. I am running Froyo, OC'd to 1000, 7 screens and everything maxxed out, hey, I'm a graphics junkie. Any idea's.

The only thing I'm missing is the "cube" from GDE, I loved that thing (Graphics Junkie, remember) maybe in the future?

Lexan Dan