Lap dock 100

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Does anyone have the lap dock 100? I have been looking for a light weight option for college and thought this would be perfect. I would primarily use it just for note taking and web browsing and I'm sure it would handle these tasks just fine. Anyone have any experience with it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jtpowell

Reaction score
Does anyone have the lap dock 100? I have been looking for a light weight option for college and thought this would be perfect. I would primarily use it just for note taking and web browsing and I'm sure it would handle these tasks just fine. Anyone have any experience with it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I have it and it can definitely do those two things. For notes you could use the phone viewer in fulls screen as well to use the built in QuickOffice or any other text based app you have. You can also use the LapDock side full Firefox and use any cloud based editor like Google Docs. There is a built in Google Docs in the File Manager so you can easily move files between the cloud and your device as well. If you have any questions on it let me know. I've had mine save my butt at the office more than once.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There is also a 500 that is available or soon to be available that you might want to check into. It is definitely a feasible solution to a portable device for what you are looking for.

~it's not just a phone~

jtpowell

Reaction score
I like some of the features of the 500 like the built in nic, webcam, larger keyboard but I would not want to tote that thing around a college campus. For toting I'd stick with the 100. For docking at a place like an office/den where I may have to move it but not constantly class to class I'd go with the 100.

vaeron

Reaction score
I just posted this a little bit ago. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ro-first-thoughts-complaints.html#post1977729

I left this out, but the weight on the 500 is insignificant. It's not actually that large. I was honestly surprised. For what you described I think either the 100 or 500 would work great. I have an 11" Alienware and this dock is lighter than it.

Edit: keep in mind, the only reason I am returning mine is because it just won't work for what I need it, otherwise I would keep it.

Last edited: