Razr Maxx HD usb OTG and charging

jomar215

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm new to the forum, and I do realize that there are probably my a thousand threads discussing this topic. In fact, I have read through many of them, but I am having a difficult time deciphering this problem. So I appeal to the masses!

Here it is: I crushed - and I mean CRUSHED! like what is that? Oh no, it's my lap dock kind of crushed - the Motorola Lap dock 100 I have been using in unison with my RAZR Mass HD to run my business. Time to just replace, right? Well, sort of. As many of my fellow lap dockers have lamented, they discontinues Web top. In fact, I have never even used it. I was introduced to the lap dock after the excommunication, so my resolution stunk, and it worked, but wasn't great.

So I figure I need an upgrade. I search and search and finally find the padfone. I could have the same interface for everything and only pay one bill! I am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan with Verizon and I don't have a computer, or a tv. So I use my phone for everything. I figure the pad one is perfect but then I realize that it's not available in America. But, isn't the padfone just another type of dock? Wouldn't a touchscreen and a bluetooth keyboard function much the same way? Great idea!

So I dropped a couple of hundred dollars on a 10" touch screen by Lilliput. I can easily buy a 12 volt battery for it, and plan to. I bought a USB OTG cable, a USB hub, bluetooth mouse and keyboard and there it is. One major problem. I can't charge while using the OTG. Minor problem, the touch screen has a USB out and I thought that if I plugged it into the hub it would work. I bought a male to male connector, but no go.

I read that folks with a nexus were able to make this charging arrangement work with a special cord and a kernel patch. But I also read that some folks with the RAZR Maxx were able to just use one of those Samsung cable with the charge port already on it. I bought one and nothing. It won't even charge without all the get up in it. I know this can work, because the lap dock charged and hosted peripherals.

What am I missing!?!

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Not sure on your approach. My approach is hdmi cable and cheap Vizio TV. Charge works on a different port than hdmi, so they don't conflict. Mirror mode is pretty much the same as webtop, minus the special Firefox browser.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jomar215

Reaction score
Not sure on your approach. My approach is hdmi cable and cheap Vizio TV. Charge works on a different port than hdmi, so they don't conflict. Mirror mode is pretty much the same as webtop, minus the special Firefox browser.

Yes, I mirror the Maxx through the mjni HDMI and use the USB for USB OTG for a Bluetooth mouse receiver. I was hoping to use the OTG and hub for the touch input of the Lilliput. Here's a picture. IMG_20130908_184859_969.jpg

OP
J

jomar215

Reaction score
You know, I forgot a whole part. I had read that one guy got it to charge (though not report that it was charging, oh well) by rebooting with it connected. When J do this, my phone gets stuck in a boot loop.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Dunno. Maybe talk to TBH about their factory adapter. I don't pretend to know much about USB cables, but they figured out how to charge without bootloader, so maybe they can help you get where you need to be.