Keyboard open to unlock

geeyawn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my droid for less than a week now and i am enjoying every moment with it! I was wondering if there was a way for the screen to unlock by just sliding the keyboard open. I tried mylock, but i like the lock screen when i dont have the keyboard out. Thanks for your time!

Sal R.

Reaction score
It's annoying that you have to unlock they screen when you slide open the PKB.

JoeKacz

Reaction score

Thanks jsh, but as the OP stated (and what I think we are looking for) is a solution that will only disable the unlock for the keyboard sliding out, but keep it for waking it via the power button. Ironically, myLock has an option to do the opposite - to enable the lock screen on the keyboard slide. We'd like to disable it for that, but keep it enabled otherwise.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks jsh, but as the OP stated (and what I think we are looking for) is a solution that will only disable the unlock for the keyboard sliding out, but keep it for waking it via the power button. Ironically, myLock has an option to do the opposite - to enable the lock screen on the keyboard slide. We'd like to disable it for that, but keep it enabled otherwise.

Sorry. Sounds like I need another cup of coffee. Seems like an odd request to me but I almost never use the physical keyboard and don't text message much so I suspect that's why I don't see the point.

I'd recommend sending an email to the developer of myLock. From what I've seen he's very responsive to suggestions and since he has enabled the converse functionality, I imagine it wouldn't be much of a stretch for him to add what you're looking for.

OP
G

geeyawn

Reaction score

Nailed it on the head. Maybe i will try emailing the developer. This is only my second thread and you guys have been great with responses. I'm loving this site as much as my droid! :icon_ banana:

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Nailed it on the head. Maybe i will try emailing the developer. This is only my second thread and you guys have been great with responses. I'm loving this site as much as my droid! :icon_ banana:

Please let us know if you hear anything!

OP
G

geeyawn

Reaction score
The developer sent me an email quick and this is what I got.

"So you only want auto unlock when you slide open the qwerty?
But you want to see the lockscreen with power key?"

I told him that was exactly what we wanted. Hopefully he gets back to me with an update!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The developer sent me an email quick and this is what I got.

"So you only want auto unlock when you slide open the qwerty?
But you want to see the lockscreen with power key?"

I told him that was exactly what we wanted. Hopefully he gets back to me with an update!

:D Sounds like he's as mystified by the request as I was. But from what I can tell he's a responsive developer so hopefully you guys can get what you're looking for. Good luck.

lscallion

Reaction score
Unlock Keystroke?

How did you contact the developer? I would like to find out if there is an unlock keystroke for the Droid Global 2. Thanks!