Keyboard Issues

maxwellag

Reaction score
When I am trying to type using the keyboard, mostly in a text message, sometimes the keyboard will do this; "HHi!" Or "II just got back..." its really annoying..... any fixes?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

djjaeger82

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue, although it only recently started happening after the gingerbread (607) update. It seems to show up if you're quick at sliding the keyboard and typing as soon as you open up a text message conversation. The quicker you start typing while the software is loading, the more characters will repeat. Ex: HHello vs. HelHello. I'm trying the 608 patch now to see if this fixes the issue or not, i'm also hoping 608 solves the bluetooth problems I was having with Ford's Sync system in my car. The first time i'd try to call someone over the handsfree Sync system with 607 gingerbread it would always say dialing in the car then hang up (never showed dialing on the phone), the second time I'd try to call a contact then it would always work. Weird right?

Are you running gingerbread or froyo? If gingerbread what version? 607?

-Dan

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
Im sitll having the same issues, even after I updated to. 608.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

djjaeger82

Reaction score
Yep me too (regarding the keyboard issue with letters duplicating). It doesn't seem to happen if i wait 1 or 2 sec after I open a txt msg conversation, maybe we're just too quick. On the other hand, my bluetooth problems seem to have been fixed with 608

-Dan

vikramsingh

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the issue is with software....there is a whole thread over it with a solution for rooted phones.