Keyboard backlight seems to have died..

bcbp6272

Reaction score
Ok, so I am not new to rooting or the dev scene and have been looking everywhere to try and find a solution for this...Sometime last week m keyboard backlight quit working completely I was running the latest cm rom and but and suddenly was receiving nothing but force closes from the acore process, I think it was from adw launcher but unsure, anyhow I flashed a back up restored to factory wiped cache etc, and no working backlight so I toggled autobrightness a dozen times, tried to lock unlock my phone etc, still didn't work. Next I tried to use rom managers fix permissions, still no luck, so i tried several different kernals still no luck, my next idea was that it was cyanogen so I flashed ud next era 1.25, that didnt work, so i flashed bb 1.0 (thinking maybe it was me using apps2sd) when that failed I tried zeusdroid and again no luck my softkey back lights work fine just not my keyboard I've searched everwhere and can nto find someone else having this issues I even flashed back to stock 2.0.1 non rooted so anyone have some suggestions? PS sorry for such a long post I just wanted to explain all the measures Ive taken trying to resolve this issue, really don't want to burn an insurance claim or get a stock 2.1 updated phone from verizon as I havent used rsd and dont want to risk bricking a new phone or lose my root access