Keep separate contacts

Ghostrider404

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

I just got the D2 Global this past weekend and thus far I'm pretty pleased and have it setup the way I work best. The question I have is I want to connect it to a social network and NOT have the contacts integrated with all of my other contacts. I have a professional contact list (LinkedIn), one for Facebook, and a general Gmail contact list. I want to keep them separate.

Can someone please walk me though or tell me how I can accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

dast

Reaction score
I don't use any social networking type accounts, but I do have the same issue with just having a corporate sync account and two gmail accounts.

For existing contacts that have gotten cross-synchronized between services, you can "unlink" them and delete the versions you don't want. Sucks to have to do if you didn't expect it.

Then, under Contacts, I hit the menu button, choose More > Settings, where there are settings for what accounts are sync'ed by default for new contacts.

Then, for the problem of only wanting to see contacts for a given service, I think there is some way to filter the view when looking at the contact list.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

solar

Reaction score
I just end up clicking on the contacts icon, then click "all contacts' and choose the list I want. Its not seperate really, but it at least makes it look that way when you're looking for someone.

I also use a seperate contacts program for anyone I don't want mixed in at all. Its called Cards(-). Its a pretty cool contacts app. It will import some file types, but it still takes some work to setup initially, but it keeps them completely seperate.