Tranferring contacts from BB Storm

Ash-Droid2

Reaction score
Hello,

I have few questions about the way Contacts are handled in Droid 2.

I tried to transfer contacts via Bluetooth from my BB Storm but when the vcf file is received by D2, it gives an error message saying that it cannot add the contact. Is it possible to transfer my contacts from BB Storm to Droid 2 via bluetooth?

I transferred the contacts to my gmail account and synced it with D2. Now the contacts are showing listed under "Google". Is there a way to move these to the 'Phone Contacts' section?

Thanks.
A-D2

pool_shark

Reaction score
Hello,

I have few questions about the way Contacts are handled in Droid 2.

I tried to transfer contacts via Bluetooth from my BB Storm but when the vcf file is received by D2, it gives an error message saying that it cannot add the contact. Is it possible to transfer my contacts from BB Storm to Droid 2 via bluetooth?

I transferred the contacts to my gmail account and synced it with D2. Now the contacts are showing listed under "Google". Is there a way to move these to the 'Phone Contacts' section?

Thanks.
A-D2

To import vcf on the Droid if the vcf files are on your SD card:

Go to contacts on your Droid, hit menu, settings, more. Hit import/export and select import from SD card.

OP
A

Ash-Droid2

Reaction score
I tried this and it stil does not work. It gives an error message -
"Reading of vCard data as failed. Failed to parse vCard for unexpected reason (File ended during parsin BASE64 binary)"

pool_shark

Reaction score
I tried this and it stil does not work. It gives an error message -
"Reading of vCard data as failed. Failed to parse vCard for unexpected reason (File ended during parsin BASE64 binary)"

Wow. Sorry, it worked for me for over 100 contacts. I exported from outlook though.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I had a Storm 1 before I switched to my D2. This is what I did.

1. BB Storm in hand used the free backup assistant and backed up all contacts. Then turned off the BB Storm.

2. Turned on the D2, activated and put in gmail account, then ran backup assistant on the D2 and all my contacts went into my list.

3. Downloaded and installed FB for D2 and it synced almost instant and had all those contacts in my list as well.

Hope this helps.

P.S. BB Storm > D2 was the best choice ever, this phone is world better than the BB Storm.