Just wanted to say hi & a lock screen question

kimsj756

Reaction score
Hello, how are you all doing?
I just wanted to say hi.
I just registered df.
I always stopped by MIUI forum to get helps with this amazing rom for few months now.
And I want to post my very first question.
How do you change your lock screen wallpaper to a personal picture other than the ones provided in the rom?
I believe few versions ago, we were given with an option to change with pictures in gallery.
Any idea?

Thanks!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi.
I just registered df.
I always stopped by MIUI forum to get helps with this amazing rom for few months now.
How do you change your lock screen wallpaper to a personal picture other than the ones provided in the rom?
I believe few versions ago, we were given with an option to change with pictures in gallery.
Any idea?

Thanks!

Haha good.
How are you?
And :welcome: to the forums! Great place.
Well, you can press menu, wallpaper, and a screen will come up asking which you want to change(lockscreen or desktop), select lockscreen and it will have two options(the built in wallpapers or the other will say lockscreen gallery with the gallery icon), select that one and it will take you to the gallery. Or, you can long-press into edit mode, press the icon at the top left corner and go through the same steps. You have to be on the stock launcher to change it this way though.

Last edited:
OP
K

kimsj756

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi.
I just registered df.
Any idea?

Thanks!

Haha good.
How are you?
And :welcome: to the forums! Great place.
Well, you can press menu, wallpaper, and a screen will come up asking which you want to change(lockscreen or desktop), select lockscreen and it will have two options(the built in wallpapers or the other will say lockscreen gallery with the gallery icon), select that one and it will take you to the gallery. Or, you can long-press into edit mode, press the icon at the top left corner and go through the same steps. You have to be on the stock launcher to change it this way though.

Thanks for your kind answer, DJ!
However, I have to say that I couldn't still do it in the way you explained.
I already knew the way to change the lockscreen wallpaper until the 12.03 or a version before that. It seems like this option is removed since the 12.11 update.
And, if so, do you have a way to change it through root explorer or something like that?

Thanks again!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind answer, DJ!
However, I have to say that I couldn't still do it in the way you explained.
I already knew the way to change the lockscreen wallpaper until the 12.03 or a version before that. It seems like this option is removed since the 12.11 update.
And, if so, do you have a way to change it through root explorer or something like that?

Thanks again!

Really? Hmm that's weird. It wasn't removed, I still have it. You're using the MIUI launcher, right? And there is a way to change it through a file explorer but I don't remember where you do it at. It's in this thread though I believe. I would find it but I'm on my phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
K

kimsj756

Reaction score
Really? Hmm that's weird. It wasn't removed, I still have it. You're using the MIUI launcher, right? And there is a way to change it through a file explorer but I don't remember where you do of at. It's in this thread though I believe. I would find it but I'm on my phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Well, I was using Launcherpro. But I tried both in settings & making the MIUI launcher as my default launcher as well. But, thanks much though for your help. If you still have this option, then I guess it's my phone. Maybe the new update will restore this option again for my phone. :)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you can only change it through the settings in the MIUI launcher. But yeah, update should be very soon:)

taward09

Reaction score
If you're on LauncherPro, you can just go into the Common Settings where there's a Wallpaper settings button that allows you to choose your lockscreen wallpaper.

taward09

Reaction score
it sounds weird calling anything on the screen a button, so I'll change it to selection or something

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't think that would work. Thanks for the tip

mikedav1

Reaction score
I can't change the lockscreen using gallery either. Did they out the new gallery3d in 12.11. That might be the reason.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't change the lockscreen using gallery either. Did they out the new gallery3d in 12.11. That might be the reason.

The new 3D gallery was never included. It doesn't support changing of the lockscreen wallpaper. So, if you have the new gallery then it wont let you change it unless you use a file manager but I don't remember where it's located inside.

OP
K

kimsj756

Reaction score
Oh, I think that's why. I have the new gallery as well since the original one was too slow for me. Wow, things are clear! Thanks!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assumed you didn't have it at first. Guess I should've asked. But yeah, that's why you guys can't change it. I don't see what difference it makes if you have it or not but for whatever reason it doesn't support it.
No problem

Haha just realized that was mikedav1

OP
K

kimsj756

Reaction score
I assumed you didn't have it at first. Guess I should've asked. But yeah, that's why you guys can't change it. I don't see what difference it makes if you have it or not but for whatever reason it doesn't support it.
No problem

I guess I changed it because it miui gallery is loading pictures way faster than the original gallery. And since I'm changing (or updating) roms (wiping) at least once a week, I didn't want my original gallery takes too long to load pictures every time I flash. Anyways, I guess the answer is given, and I'm satisfied. haha

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem

I guess I changed it because it miui gallery is loading pictures way faster than the original gallery. And since I'm changing (or updating) roms (wiping) at least once a week, I didn't want my original gallery takes too long to load pictures every time I flash. Anyways, I guess the answer is given, and I'm satisfied. haha

I've used it also. I haven't lately though because my gallery hasn't been taking too long for the most part. But yeah, I understand. Sorry for such a fast reply. Forum is really quiet right now so I'm jumping on posts haha