Just switched from a DX

Stoshy

Reaction score
New to these forums. Just got my PRO. Came from a DX which has been an easy transfer. I thought I would miss the extra screen size but it doesn't bother me at all. I like this phone alot. Also it actually fits in my pocket nicely. No more holster for me. Now with this phone being targeted towards business user will the pro get the same upgrade love as the dx. Or droid 2? I am assuming it will since it has the guts and is newer. But I have a small fear that we might miss the boat.

Glad to be a part of these forums.

StingRay

Reaction score
Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions that may come up as you use your Pro...some good guys and gals here that can help you out...

You've nailed a lot of the reason many of us have chosen the Pro...smaller, physical keyboard, nice and quick...

Primary issue that most of us with corporate email have with the Pro is that the exchange email push sync is not real reliable...will sync immediately for a while, then delay for a period of time (~20-50 minutes), then will only sync if you open the email app...is inconsistent as to when and how often this delay happens...Motorola is aware of the issue, but so far no fix...

Other than that, this phone is excellent for those not needing a huge screen like the new models all have, and with a physical keyboard...

Enjoy!

OP
S

Stoshy

Reaction score
Thanks. The email isn't too big of a concern for me. Im just curious about future updates to the OS. Its the one thing I dislike about android. Id hate to be a samsung owner.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks. The email isn't too big of a concern for me. Im just curious about future updates to the OS. Its the one thing I dislike about android. Id hate to be a samsung owner.

Welcome to the Droid Pro Forum. I assume that when you bought your phone that the Verizon tech insured you had the latest update when the phone was activated. There has been one update released by Motorola. A way for you to check is to go to menu>settings>about phone>check for updates. If you get a message saying updates are not available you're in good shape. If not, go ahead and download the update...it will install itself automatically.

OP
S

Stoshy

Reaction score
I knew that but thanks for the heads up. Im more curious about gingerbread. I have read some posts elsewhere that you need at least a 3.5 screen and also read you don't. I don't need to be on the bleeding edge of technology but it would be nice to catch some upgrades to the OS.

DroidToro

Reaction score
Verizon may not issue an update if the if the dpro is not selling well enough and is reasonably stable on 2.2. They won't update just to be nice. It has to somehow result in increased revenue.

OP
S

Stoshy

Reaction score
I hope thats not the case. With the specs this phone has and the fact its newer should keep this phone in the loop for awhile. I know 4G is near but im gonna wait at least a year before i get in on it. So this phone has gotta last till then.!

kjjb0204

Reaction score
with as many reports you see about the percentage of users on 2.1 and 2.2, I have no doubt that moto and footprint will have gingerbread on the droid pro.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App