Just dropped my Razr in my sink....

Shade2193

Reaction score
Yep, not totally waterproof. Even though I knew that before hand, it was a complete accident. Now it doesnt turn on. :frown::frown:

OP
S

Shade2193

Reaction score
Yep, the screen keeps flashing on and off. I think im going to have a heart attack.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No removable back so all you can do is open the SIM slot and put it in rice and hope for the best....

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shade2193

Reaction score
A screen just flashed

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.66

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

OMG, Will they think I tried rooting/flashing my phone and bricked it?!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it does turn on then? That's decent news. Too bad there isn't a US SBF for you to flash though...

SallyC

Reaction score
Yep, not totally waterproof. Even though I knew that before hand, it was a complete accident. Now it doesnt turn on. :frown::frown:

Don't loose hope! Coca Cola tells the story here of dropping his in the dish water and eventually it came back fully functioning. He put it in a bowl filled with rice for a day and then turned it over for some more time. And then it worked!

robert70

Reaction score
Never try to turn them on again right away, that's where alot of the damage happens, put it in a bowl of rice and wait a day or so, and if you feel that the phone is still damp, take a hair dryer on the lowest setting and hold 6-8 inches away for a few minutes then try turning it on. This is what I have do e with all the phones that I have dropped in water.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Androidatic

Reaction score
No removable back so all you can do is open the SIM slot and put it in rice and hope for the best....

Not being able to remove the back doesn't matter at all. All he has to do is put it into a bowl of rice and hope for the best.

If the rice trick works it will work with the back on or off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Johnw

Reaction score
water damage sensor

Its probably worse to have water damage because there are sensors inside to detect against water damage so that they can deny warranty. You could try to take it apart using the ifixit disassembly info.

Good luck!

kparks

Reaction score

Wow that waterproof nano coating must work really good!! All that crap about the phone being strong is BS... pretty much all u can do is the rice thing then just let it dry and try not to power it on for awhile.. that sucks that had to happen... good luck... Or did they call it water resistant nano coating?
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
They only said it was water resistant, not water proof.

As in my screen can get wet and I don't have to reboot it, it doesn't become totally unresponsive like my Droid X1. My RAZR sometimes works fine with the screen still wet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Morydees

Reaction score
Wow that waterproof nano coating must work really good!! All that crap about the phone being strong is BS... pretty much all u can do is the rice thing then just let it dry and try not to power it on for awhile.. that sucks that had to happen... good luck... Or did they call it water resistant nano coating?

It was always water resistant, never waterproof. That would be one HELL of a claim. Here's a video showing it:
[video=youtube;mzQUoJ-sIaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQUoJ-sIaY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Also, the phone is pretty damn strong in other areas as evidenced by various other threads and people dropping it (myself included). Don't let one "drop it in the sink" post sway you so easily. It most certainly isn't BS though no phone is bulletproof :D

Arodnum1

Reaction score
It was always water resistant, never waterproof. That would be one HELL of a claim. Here's a video showing it:
[video=youtube;mzQUoJ-sIaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQUoJ-sIaY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Also, the phone is pretty damn strong in other areas as evidenced by various other threads and people dropping it (myself included). Don't let one "drop it in the sink" post sway you so easily. It most certainly isn't BS though no phone is bulletproof :D

You mean the kevlar doesn't make it bulletproof?! Uh-oh...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

fauxreall

Reaction score
sorry to hear that, really sucks. gotta say i dropped mine in full water and i dove in asap. worked fine but i turned it off. and took out sim and sd card and left it in a bag of rice for a day. then some light blowdrying. hopefully that will work for you.