JellyBean 4.1.2 corrupts photos after taken and viewed

VelvetNightmare13

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place, it's my first post! :D

I recently updated to JellyBean from ICS (once Samsung announced that the update was available for my phone model, it's no ripped version ;)). Now, after I take a picture with the regular camera software that comes with the operating system, I have to take a screenshot of my picture to save it, because half of my photos corrupt after I go on to take more pics. Everything else with the phone is working well... No other folders on my phone/ext card have issues/have been deleted/corrupted.

When I updated, I did it myself through Kies, and did not use a back up file from ICS, but reinstalled and re-set everything manually as if it was new out of the box. I only pasted old pics and music files back on, but from my computer (again, not from a previous back up file which I understand could ... "fight" with the new OS). Everything is up to date... In fact, I believe that I reformatted the external micro-SD card too so that everything was "like new" and wouldn't cause problems...

I've looked elsewhere but haven't found a similar problem posted online - any ideas? I don't want to have to reset my phone again, 'cause I have some things that can't be backed up that I'd lose... No, I haven't tried a third party app camera, I'll try that this week.

Info:
Model # SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I727UCMC1
Kernel version: 3.0.31-844945