Issue with Phonemypc after updating to new 2.1 leak

Nowherefast

Reaction score
Hello All,

Has anyone had issues with phonemypc after upgrading to the new leaked version of 2.1 on their Eris?
Ever since I upgraded I have yet to get phonemypc to work. I put in my password on the phone and then it takes me back to the home screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

th9203

Reaction score
Not good

Just tried it too without success. Password seems to be correct. Did the user name or IP Address get garbled during the update process? I cannot see any of the settings on my Droid. :icon_eek:

Reaction score
Hello,

We have of course tested PhoneMyPC extensively on 2.1, but not on any of the new updated ROMs that are being pushed this week.

This sounds like a probable configuration issue. Please try uninstalling and re-installing PhoneMyPC, as this will flush the settings completely.

We will drop development temporarily and test with these new ROMs in case it is something more serious.

Tomoid

Reaction score
Working OK

Just got my 2.1 update yesterday and have been using PhoneMyPC without any problems.

Tomoid

Reaction score
Sorry

I guess this thread is using PhoneMyPC on an Eris... I am using the MotoDroid with the 2.1 update.

th9203

Reaction score
That fixed it

It is great that you are watching this forum so closely. :)

Reinstalling the app on my Droid did the trick. Before the updated install, the app came up and requested my password only. It did not allow me to select the PC to access nor any of the other settings that are used with the app. Back in business...:icon_ banana:

Quick edit - running stock 2.1 not rooted.

Reaction score
After much experimentation we have found similar results to yours, th9203. It seems an OTA (or any ROM update) can corrupt the settings, although it happens only in very few cases and seems much more likely when going from Android 1.x to 2.x.

We have not yet confirmed whether it is an Android bug, a bug in the software update process, or a bug in PhoneMyPC. However, we have confirmed that a re-install always solves the issue.

More as it is available.

OP
N

Nowherefast

Reaction score
Hi, I reinstalled the program and now all is fine....thank you for the quick reply.......really appreciated.....