Is there a way to uninstall base apps like Amazon MP3?

Phelyx

Reaction score
I prefer to have apps that I would use on my phone and delete the ones I won't. One of the ones I will not use is the Amazon MP3 app for its complete uselessness. I noticed under settings in the Droid that it isn't listed as an app to uninstall. Is there a way without root access to uninstall said app?

Seriously this app sucks.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, there is no way to do this until root access. While we can see the folder which stores these apps, we cannot modify it.

H

harpjames35

You can hide them with pandahome so at least you don't see them

MAzing87

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I wanted to remove the messaging app since I use the Handcent app. It always says uninstall unsuccessful. Is the Handcent app dependent on the messaging app or is this the same situation as the amazon MP3 app?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I wanted to remove the messaging app since I use the Handcent app. It always says uninstall unsuccessful. Is the Handcent app dependent on the messaging app or is this the same situation as the amazon MP3 app?

yes as far as i know handcent is dependant on the base messaging application

MAzing87

Reaction score

yes as far as i know handcent is dependant on the base messaging application
I figured that since the messaging app won't uninstall. Thanks for replying.