Is there a way to make calendar notifications match Smartphone?

biggles

Reaction score
So, I had a calendar event today setup with notification 1 hour in advance on the LG G4. I want the Smartwatch (LG urbane) to match the LG G4 by showing the notifcation 1 hour in advance. But the LG Urbane notification goes off earlier in the day. How can I make the notification on the Urbane match the LG G4?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I believe this may have to do with how you setup the reminder notification in the calendar, but I'm not sure how to get the results you're looking for...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have them set separately or is the phone supposed to just push a notification (like a text or email) to your watch?
I'm using a Samsung Tizen based so I just set my phone to push to the watch, nothing separate because I don't like the Samsung specific one in the watch itself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It works a bit different, because Google Now will read the calendar and give a reminder at its own set time. If you set an actual notification reminder in the calendar, it should work the way that @mountainbikermark describes, but I forget.

I have lots of things in my calendar, but don't usually set reminders for them. I do get the Google Now notifications on the watch, but that's separate from calendar notifications, if I remember right.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After the recent AW update my watch has the Calendar app blocked by default, to avoid duplicate notifications. As Jonny mentioned Google Now provides the calendar reminder in the watch. I wonder if you unblock the Calendar app in the AW app Settings, the calendar appointment may notify on the watch using the calendar schedule (10 minutes out, 30 minutes out, etc.). Of course you may end up with two notifications for each event though, one from the Calendar app and another from Google Now?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Any other forums on other sites that might have folks who can resolve this? If I find a solution I will post it back here.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Any other forums on other sites that might have folks who can resolve this? If I find a solution I will post it back here.
Did you try simply allowing Calendar app notifications in the Android Wear app? Allow them to go to the watch and see how it works.

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Did you try simply allowing Calendar app notifications in the Android Wear app? Allow them to go to the watch and see how it works.

The Android Wear app on the LG G4 was set with a list of items under calendar. Show calendar event cards, phone, my email, 2 different colors for calendar events, birthdays, US holidays. These were the default settings. I will try turning off calendar event cards to see if that resolves the problem.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is the screen I was referring to. Blocked apps.
uploadfromtaptalk1444677899421.png

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't understand what you are suggesting that I do. My block apps screen is blank.

Regarding my latest posting, all calendar notifications went away on the watch, so that didn't work. So I turned calendar event cards back on. But this time I turned off the first color (brown) for calendar events and left the second color (purple) on. Since calendar events show up on my phone in purple perhaps this will give the desired result.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's odd that your Block Apps screen is blank. Those two calendar options were checked by default for me after a recent Android Wear update. Maybe because I am using the Google calendar app in place of the stock app??? So on my watch I only receive calendar notifications from the Google Now app and not from Google Now and the calendar app. I have noticed that the Google Now reminders show up long before the actual calendar event on my watch.....but thrn also show up at the same time as my phone also. Maybe the purple color you checked is your Google calendar and it was not syncing with your watch?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I get all Calendar notices from Gmail, Work, and Google Now.
Not sure if it's at the exact time I specify.
I'll play and report back.

Tap'n Turbo