How do you turn off notification that phone is connected to wifi?

biggles

Reaction score
I opened up the Android Wear app on my LG G4 and added the app "Wi-Fi" under blocked apps for notifications. But I still get a notification on the LG Urbane that the G4 is connected to wifi. How do I turn off this notifcation?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That must be something particular to the Urbane, I do not see WiFi connected / disconnected notifications on my watch. It may not be a blocked app setting? Maybe a Setting on the watch itself? Since the Urbane is one of the few watches with built in WiFi.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is it a notification that the phone is connected to wifi, or that the watch is using wifi?

I've never seen a wifi notification on my Urbane that's connected to my Note 4.

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Is it a notification that the phone is connected to wifi, or that the watch is using wifi?

I've never seen a wifi notification on my Urbane that's connected to my Note 4.

It is a notification that the phone is connected to wifi. So the message shows up on the watch when I return home and the phone reconnects to wifi. I am trying to disable that message on the watch.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's strange. Mine never does that. I wonder if it's because of a difference in how Samsung & LG handle that notification.

You'd think there'd be a way to turn it off though.

Can you take a screenshot or a picture & show us exactly what it looks like?

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
That's strange. Mine never does that. I wonder if it's because of a difference in how Samsung & LG handle that notification.

You'd think there'd be a way to turn it off though.

Can you take a screenshot or a picture & show us exactly what it looks like?

Okay, I will have to wait until this notification happens, and then I will take a picture and try to post it in this thread.

OP
B

biggles

Reaction score
Actually I can't take a screenshot. The notification changes to camera if I open the camera app on the LG G4. So I will describe the wifi notification in detail.

Connected to: paragon2 (Secure)
Tap to go to Wi-Fi settings.

Top half of screen green semicircle with Android icon. Bottom half of screen white semicircle. Paragon2 is the name of my home wifi network.