is there a google wave app??

ucpro

Reaction score
i'm getting an invite, so i've been looking at videos for the droid and they showed a beta on an earlier android os, but it there a google wave app for 2.0?

gazpachoking

Reaction score
No, there is not a google wave app for android. I believe I remember reading that google had no plans for a dedicated app, but just to have the web app accessible from all platforms. I tested wave from the droid, and it sorta works, but is godawful slow and buggy.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
i wonder why they wouldn't mke a dedicated app, especially with it being a google phone. i guess that i could try and access it via the web instead of having an app for it, but i'll wait til they get rid of bugs that you're talkin about

A

apeshitninja

I'd like to se an app as well...you would think they would release one of they really expect wave to be an email killer. Then again, its still in beta...

Varking

Reaction score
It doesn't like me using the default browser when trying to get to the wave site. It always tries to tell me to download another browser.

offici8

Reaction score
I'd like to se an app as well...you would think they would release one of they really expect wave to be an email killer. Then again, its still in beta...

Still in "Preview" so maybe we'll see an app when it moves to Beta. There are still so many things to tweak with it that I'd prefer they fix before trying it as an app on my droind.

gazpachoking

Reaction score
Yah, I think the idea is not that they don't think wave deserves it's own app, just that they envision web apps being just as capable as the native counterparts, making the native apps superfluous. We'll see if HTML5 can actually make that vision happen, I remain skeptical.