Is There a better app to use for facebook rather than the stock fb app?

husky_299

Reaction score
Any app that's better than the stock one that isen't sociallite or bloo? That shows the notifications

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Any app that's better than the stock one that isen't sociallite or bloo? That shows the notifications

I like BLOO - it is consistent with the notifications and almost immediate of it happening on FB - but I think it is always end-user preference. There are several out there - try them out. I have also created a web-page shortcut for FB and put it on my home screen - it does not give notifications but is quick access to the web version.

issues636

Reaction score

I like BLOO - it is consistent with the notifications and almost immediate of it happening on FB - but I think it is always end-user preference. There are several out there - try them out. I have also created a web-page shortcut for FB and put it on my home screen - it does not give notifications but is quick access to the web version.

bloo works for whoever it wants to work for. some people claim to get notifications, some people say they don't. i've tried working with bloo for HOURS, and i DO get notifications. just not the important ones. i get notified when i'm poked, have a friend request, or get a picture comment. no wall posts, no status replies, no wall replies, no messages.

to the OP, i have yet to find a facebook app that completely works notification-wise. the option i've found to work best for me, is the following.
i bookmark touch.facebook.com, and have a shortcut on my homescreen, JUST INCASE. i DO use the stock facebook app, because i like the widget for fast status updating, so i have the widget under the touch site shortcut. and in the facebook app, i completely turn off notifications, and on facebook.com on a computer, i signed up for facebook mobile alerts. instant text messages for all the important alerts, which you can just reply back to to reply back to the comment, status, message, etc, and email alerts for the not so important ones which could be a minute or so delayed. and that's when i would use the touch site.

might not work for you. might be more than you're willing to do. but that's the best and easiest way i've found so far, in order to get notifications, still get access to the widget, and not wanna pull my hair out everyday.

Bdog

Reaction score
I love Bloo. It was tough at first because you're going to have to get onto FB with your computer and allow it to do a lot of things, otherwise you can't see profiles or get notifications. That bit was annoying. But I haven't had any problem with it since

matrix2004

Reaction score
I heard the Samsung Galaxy S uses a better Facebook app but someone needs to rip it.