Is the auto-backlight a joke?

PaulQ

Reaction score
On my Pro, the auto-backlight seems to maintain the backlight way too low. Is this the case for you?

Also - where is the sensor?

Thanks!

Veni

Reaction score
Did u download any kind of power manager app?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Did u download any kind of power manager app?

I don't think so but I noticed it right out of the box.

Mine is very low also, much more than the Droid I had previously. I also noticed that it will get brighter when necessary but it won't go back down unless I shut the screen off, then back on which seems to reset it.

oriald

Reaction score
Same here. Probably a bug...

gigatigga

Reaction score
Mine is also very low, though i like it. The bright screens annoy my eyes!

spydergirl

Reaction score
It was annoying to me too. I didn't like the auto setting, so I made my "daytime" profile setting much brighter and my nighttime setting much dimmer.

rafeee2

Reaction score
Guys don't you think that such issues (issues that everybody's having) should be reported to Motorola/Verizon? For example I've had one issue with the wife's Motorola Defy so I immediately reported it to Motorola, maybe it'll be fixed in the next release or whatever.

Motorola seems to save on QA and leave it to the consumers!

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
There's a a widget that allows you to control bluetooth, sync, brightness, etc etc,

Its convenient to just flip the brightness to high with the touch of a button when you need it.

Shri

Reaction score
Auto backlight is a joke. I'm thinking it may be because of overhead lighting in my office and home. Either way it is useless.

MrWilliams

Reaction score
I think the auto back-light is designed to do help save your battery. It provides the minimum amount of back-light needed based on the amount of ambient light that the sensor can see. I haven't had any problems with it. It does what it supposed to. If you need a brighter screen turn the brightness up and leave it and sacrifice precious battery life.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
I think the auto back-light is designed to do help save your battery. It provides the minimum amount of back-light needed based on the amount of ambient light that the sensor can see. I haven't had any problems with it. It does what it supposed to. If you need a brighter screen turn the brightness up and leave it and sacrifice precious battery life.
This.... +1

Shri

Reaction score
The point is that its calibration is too poor. Autobright keeps me at a level equivalent to 3 or 4 steps in from the minimum on the manual slider. This is just too dark. I would love to use it but it's not practical.

I wish there was a way to keep auto bright but decrease its sensitivity.