is the 30 $ data fee really unlimited? Or is there the Famous Verizon 5 gb cap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick21013

Reaction score
So is the phone's data plan truely unlimited? Im sorry if this question has been asked before.

I live in the sticks, and can only get satalight internet. Its terribad, slow speeds, if you DL over 300 MBs your sent into dial-up speeds.

So i use my droid to get online on the pc using PDAnet.

I just wanna know if there is that 5 GB cap or no.. I called verizon and they said that there isnt a cap, but then i go online and everyones saying there is. Can someone explain?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you use a chunk of data then they might terminate your data plan

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
THERE IS NO CAP... the 5G cap is for network cards ect... this has been answered so many times before. Next time fell free to use to search feature of the forum or trust the person FROM VERIZON that you spoke with...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
there have been multiple threads on this already...

it's pretty much impossible to hit 5gb in one month with regular use, so what's the worry? Unless of course you're tethering, but that's a whole different subject.

swallman

Reaction score
The OP did indicate that he is using the phone for tethering with PDANet.

OP - to answer your question, there is no cap/limit as long as you don't use your phone for tethering. Tethering is specifically against your contract with Verizon. If they catch you, they do have the right to terminate your contract.

Now whether or not they catch you is another matter entirely. As long as you're not downloading GB's of movies, torrents, etc., you will probably be fine.

However, if they do catch you, don't came crying back here that you didn't know...;)

OP
N

nick21013

Reaction score
swallman thanks your the only person who gave me a straight answer.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
THERE IS NO CAP... the 5G cap is for network cards ect... this has been answered so many times before. Next time fell free to use to search feature of the forum or trust the person FROM VERIZON that you spoke with...

YouMad.jpg

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bingo...thread :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.