is ShaprWriter only a trial?

ShaggyFlyer

Reaction score
I just dl ShapeWriter last night after reading the reviews and really like it. Then this morning as the wife was going to dl it onto her phone, she tells me the reviews say it's only a trial version and will stop working after a month.

Does anyone know if this is true or if some people are just raggin on a decent app?

btw, this is the best forum I've ever found, you are all great!!!

Shaggy

OP
ShaggyFlyer

ShaggyFlyer

Reaction score
ShapeWriter

I can't believe I misspelled ShapeWriter in the title. On my first post too!!!!

Shaggy

murtagh01

Reaction score
I think they may have changed it to a trial version or something is messed up because today it has been telling me my trial ran out. I've had it for months but now it says my one month trial period is up and I have to pay but there is no pay for version available either.

johnny9374

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can find it id like to compare it to swype but i cant seem to find it anywhere

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they may have changed it to a trial version or something is messed up because today it has been telling me my trial ran out. I've had it for months but now it says my one month trial period is up and I have to pay but there is no pay for version available either.

Odd. Wondering if you've updated the app regularly. Just tried my version and it's working fine. In any event, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling. Be prepared, however, that it might delete your custom dictionary entries if you do so.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can find it id like to compare it to swype but i cant seem to find it anywhere

Swype is now involved in a closed beta for android devices. A number of users here are participating in that beta. However, such participation involves committing to not distribute the software to others.

You may be able to find an older version of the current beta on various sites on the internet but the policy of this board is that disseminating information about such sites is the equivalent of condoning piracy.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
My apologies to the OP. I've now encountered the same problem and uninstalling/reinstalling does not help. I'm sure that Shapewriter will quickly recognize the mess they've created and remedy it either with a paid version of the app or by putting out an update.

OP
ShaggyFlyer

ShaggyFlyer

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I think I understand what's going on now. I just hope the guys at shapewriter get it fixed quick, I really was getting to like it.

Shaggy

ASN-121

Reaction score
Same here, just had the issue today, updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, no luck. Good thing I still had Swype to go back to, though it took a little getting used to as it's been forever.

droidmikes

Reaction score
Looks like it's all good once again with ShapeWriter. Download the update and all will be back to normal.

OP
ShaggyFlyer

ShaggyFlyer

Reaction score
Great!!! Thanks for the info.

Hey jsh1120, no apology necessary. I just appreciate your help.

Shaggy