Is it possible to manually kill VM notification light?

mrdazzo7

Reaction score
Man this is annoying... whenever I have a voicemail the green light blinks, and I want to see if there's a way to make it stop without having to go through the pain in the ass of going in to the voicemail and listening to every single message in their entirety and hope that the notification goes away when I"m done. I know I have voicemails, I don't want the light blinking and preventing other types of notifications from showing up.

Any ideas? It doesn't even go away when I hit "clear" in the notification menu.

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
Hum, I ran some "tests" to see if I could figure this out, and I'm not 100% sure what I did, but I did get the LED to stop flashing (however the icon is still in the notification bar, I would like to find out a way to wipe this out too).

just had my friend call to leave me a blank VM again (to re-activate the alert) and it seems simply pulling down the notification bar to see what it is clears out the LED (but again not the icon)

BTW not sure if it would matter, but I have the 2.1 update and am using everything stock which gave me this result.

liguy257

Reaction score
Hum, I ran some "tests" to see if I could figure this out, and I'm not 100% sure what I did, but I did get the LED to stop flashing (however the icon is still in the notification bar, I would like to find out a way to wipe this out too).

just had my friend call to leave me a blank VM again (to re-activate the alert) and it seems simply pulling down the notification bar to see what it is clears out the LED (but again not the icon)

BTW not sure if it would matter, but I have the 2.1 update and am using everything stock which gave me this result.

Ha, you're actually right--that did the trick. I could swear i've done that in the past but I just did it and the light went away (icon still there but whatever). I wonder if this is something that was included in the update. Either way it works, so that's one annoyance down.